What's new

Breaking in my digital...unedited...c&c

I love 1 & 2! Especially the composition on #2. Nice job.
 
Thank you :)
I actually reshot #2 today for B&W on my F100.
I have a hot date in the darkroom on Monday :sexywink:
 
Sharon,

Nice exposure, nicely sharp and well framed.
Of these 4, I think that the last is the best.

#1 is just a document of some else's art work
#2 the design of the sculpture/sign (?) is by someone else and the background is very intrusive and, as far as it seems to me, doesn't bring anything special to the main subject.

#3 is quite nicely framed and seen.
#4 is very amusing, really shows the photographer's mind working - tilted number, tilted building side. The OOF building in the background gives it nice balance and reinforces the inherent wit.
 
Thank you :)
I actually reshot #2 today for B&W on my F100.
I have a hot date in the darkroom on Monday :sexywink:

hmm, a hot date in a darkroom and you are taking film....... interesting.

Nice photos.
 
Number 3 is the only one that really grabs me. I like the lines and texture, as well as the change in color right a the sign post. My only comment - said without knowing your editing background - don't be afraid to edit. You stated these aren't edited, but little tweaks can make all the difference.

Here's an example. I only did a little image skewing to straighten the signpost and then adjusted contrast and levels slightly.


8641924124_d1dd14e099_c1 by breckmiller, on Flickr
 
Number 3 is the only one that really grabs me. I like the lines and texture, as well as the change in color right a the sign post. My only comment - said without knowing your editing background - don't be afraid to edit. You stated these aren't edited, but little tweaks can make all the difference.

Here's an example. I only did a little image skewing to straighten the signpost and then adjusted contrast and levels slightly.


8641924124_d1dd14e099_c1 by breckmiller, on Flickr

I have no experience with editing and hope to take a few Lightroom courses this summer. It is not that I am opposed. I agree that photos can benefit for a few minor tweaks to enhance. However, I am of the thought that one should frame and attempt to capture their vision as closely as possible and not rely on editing afterwards to mask their level of photographic skill.
 
Sharon,

Nice exposure, nicely sharp and well framed.
Of these 4, I think that the last is the best.

#1 is just a document of some else's art work
#2 the design of the sculpture/sign (?) is by someone else and the background is very intrusive and, as far as it seems to me, doesn't bring anything special to the main subject.

#3 is quite nicely framed and seen.
#4 is very amusing, really shows the photographer's mind working - tilted number, tilted building side. The OOF building in the background gives it nice balance and reinforces the inherent wit.

Thank you for your helpful feedback, Lew. Your photos and style speak to me, and I relate to your ideas and opinion about photography. I will be stalking your blog :)
 
Number 3 is the only one that really grabs me. I like the lines and texture, as well as the change in color right a the sign post. My only comment - said without knowing your editing background - don't be afraid to edit. You stated these aren't edited, but little tweaks can make all the difference.

Here's an example. I only did a little image skewing to straighten the signpost and then adjusted contrast and levels slightly.


8641924124_d1dd14e099_c1 by breckmiller, on Flickr

I do agree that your editing of the photo works. I like the crispness. Gives it a nice pop.
 
Thank you :)
I actually reshot #2 today for B&W on my F100.
I have a hot date in the darkroom on Monday :sexywink:

hmm, a hot date in a darkroom and you are taking film....... interesting.

Nice photos.

I enjoy the challenge that comes with shooting film. I feel like it is making me a better photographer. As a type-A perfectionist, the darkroom is a curse, lol. Especially when attempting to develop my mind's perfect print!
 
I have no experience with editing and hope to take a few Lightroom courses this summer. It is not that I am opposed. I agree that photos can benefit for a few minor tweaks to enhance. However, I am of the thought that one should frame and attempt to capture their vision as closely as possible and not rely on editing afterwards to mask their level of photographic skill.

Your images are edited. It just wasn't under your control when it was done. I hear this from every newby to editing on the forum. Editing is 50% of the final product and when you learn to use your software better you will understand and agree.


Oh, I liked # 3 too, good eye!
 
I have no experience with editing and hope to take a few Lightroom courses this summer. It is not that I am opposed. I agree that photos can benefit for a few minor tweaks to enhance. However, I am of the thought that one should frame and attempt to capture their vision as closely as possible and not rely on editing afterwards to mask their level of photographic skill.

Your images are edited. It just wasn't under your control when it was done. I hear this from every newby to editing on the forum. Editing is 50% of the final product and when you learn to use your software better you will understand and agree.


Oh, I liked # 3 too, good eye!


Thank you.
I really enjoy and am challenged by composition and relaying a message via.
Question...when you say an image is edited but not under my control, what do you mean?
 
All images are edited unless you are looking at raw data...which I haven't seen a way to do (?) either by you in software post process or by the camera with your settings or factory preset. People who say "no editing" only are showing that they clearly don't understand. It's one of my pet peeves. :)
 
All images are edited unless you are looking at raw data...which I haven't seen a way to do (?) either by you in software post process or by the camera with your settings or factory preset. People who say "no editing" only are showing that they clearly don't understand. It's one of my pet peeves. :)

I see your point.
I am not intentionally trying to rouse your reaction to your pet peeve.
I do understand that as a photographer, you are clearly dictating you POV by adjusting your settings even if you do so manually w/o and auto guidance.
Semantically speaking, what would you refer to a Raw image that has not been altered in a post production software program...simply an image?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom