Bretagne - Part 3 (final act) - The Forest and her green mysteries

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was definately my most favourite part of the trip. I went to a town called Heulgoat and did some hiking in the forest. I was so excited to be back in the forest because my city here is just buildings with no open spaces and it gets pretty depressing after a while. So the whole reason I went on this holiday was to get back in the forest and it seemed like a good way to spend my last euros.
French people think that this is where the legend of Arthur and Morgan le Fey took place. And I can understand why - it is amazingly beautiful!

1. This is an old hydroelectric plant - well the ruins of it anyway.
PICT5060.jpg

2. Here's my duotone for the day. - The big wheel that makes the electricity.
PICT5050.jpg

PICT5054.jpg

4. Le Belvédère... Hmm I dunno what that means - it's a sign for some sort of place of interest in the forest. For all I know the sign could be saying "Horny goats looking for a good time".
PICT5073.jpg

5. Ok I know what this sign means - It means the "Virgin's Housework". Sorry that cracked me up. I hate cleaning.
Le-Menage-de-la-vierge.jpg

6. This is the tree-rock thing I was talking about in Chiller's, Canoncan's or Cruzin's thread (sorry I always get you guys mixed up!)
PICT5071.jpg

7. And lucky last this is called the Fairies' Pond.
PICT5079.jpg

I've got so many photos of this place - it was truly amazing and I think I walked about 30kms just in one morning.
Well that's the last post of photos for me for a month now. I'll post some more pics after I get back to Australia!

Well, thank you soooo much for sharing these with us.
Doesn't Belvédère mean "Beautiful View" or somthing of the kind?

Do I have to underline how much I like all the green photos in this thread? Do I? ;) :lol:
Best of all is the "Virgin's Housework" with the branches of that tree meandering through the photo and the pile of rocks representing the way the virgin keeps her house tidy???????? And that wonderful play of light and shadow that only trees in the sun can bring about (a thing that my little Canon finds very, very hard to cope with!).

What are you going to do in the next three weeks to come?
I'll miss you. I have so many Photoshop Challenges "in store" (for you). Hmph...

Holly ****. Soo good and thanks for sharing. And now I REALLY wished I'd have gone. You've made me so jealous because I've never been anywhere like that.

Yes I think we'd all like to breathe in this forest... the air was so pure. And it had that little musty smell you get from the damn leafy ground.

hehehe glad I've made you jealous ferny - at least we now know that france is good for something hey! (Well apart from the wine and cheese and architechture and language... hmmm... kinda ruined my point there. meh.)

I looked up Belvédère and it means "Gazebo" or "Panoramic Viewpoint". I actually remember now - there was a path up that little hill you see in the background and it gave you a big view of the valley.

LaFoto, I'm going on holidays again (yeah like i really need another holiday! *rolling eyes* ) but my parents are coming over this time. We'll be going on a week long Mediterranean cruise around Italy, Greece and I think even into Turkey or one of those countries there. Then I'll be coming back to Paris for a week with mum and dad - we've rented an appartment somewhere in the city and then I'll be catching the eurostar to London to catch my plane back to Australia via Singapore while mum and dad leave from Paris.

But wait that's only 2 weeks! I'd said I'd be gone for a month!
It's coz when I land in Australia, it won't actually be my city - I'll be spending a week with my boyfriend in Brisbane and then I'll be flying home. *sob* Another 2 hour plane ride up north! But I'll probably be going back to Brisbane for a Sigur Ros concert in August - also for my birthday! (hmm must give more hints to the boyfriend to buy tickets for me.)

That's so frustrating... a whole year without seeing him and then I only get to spend a week of jet-lagged vicky time with him before going home. Then I'll have to get all my uni stuff organised (yay last semester!) and then I'll be back on TPF with all my mediterranean photos... Ohhh I'm so excited! :cheer:

Good pictures, I really like what you did with the second picture. Looks like a place I would love to hike. That is one heck of an agende you have planned, enjoy.

love the last one....don't forget you get to see your sister in brisbane!!!

Very beautiful place.

The 2nd pic is really outstanding to me. Fantastic composition.

-mike

That's so frustrating... a whole year without seeing him and then I only get to spend a week of jet-lagged vicky time with him before going home.
Well, they say that you should keep yourself awake and force yoursel to go to bed when you normally would (in the country you're now in). What can you and your boyfriend do to keep you awake? :scratch:

Ohhh I'm so excited!
And I'm so gonna miss you. :meh:

Still, have fun. :thumbsup:

Great pictures..the ruins really peak my interest but my fav was the last one. Super sharp and you feel like you are actually in the picture. Awesome work.

Thanks everyone, I'm gonna miss you all too - especially you ferny who's gonna fill up your inbox with pm's without me? ;-).
I might be able to log on everynow and then just to say hi, check emails... maybe if you're all lucky I'll be able to post some photos (ha! or unlucky!). God knows i'll have **** loads by the time I get back.

These are excellent Meysha. I would love to wander around there. Awesome job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back