What's new

Brick it!

Hahaha... i badly wanted that tilt removed and i am really happy to see this at the end of scrolling :D
I want its color, untilted :D
 
I prefer the edit and the BW. Nice work Mish! I really like this
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #18
Thanks, peeps!! I dont know why I didn't crop it like that the first time....lol:er:
 
I like the original edit better, and it's better in b&w.

It's an abstract, and colors ties it too closely to the real thing for my taste. It could be more heavily processed, too, higher contrast or whatever. Whatever it needs to pull it away from the underlying reality.

To my taste, the image is actually the openings in the structure, and the bricks is the actual negative space. So, it's about placing those open spaces. Coming in close and symmetrical in the second edit seems to me to remove some of visual tension from the original image. There might well be a better crop than the first one, but I think that something with relatively loose framing, and the apparent tilt, are both necessary to make the abstract work as a strong image.
 
I agree with whoever said the lower triangle needed to be complete and I think it works better without the distraction of color, so it's just about shapes and spaces. I didn't mind the tilt, and thought that actually might be more interesting, but I suppose that's how you lost the point of the lower triangle, so unless you reshoot it the choice of untilted with the complete triangle is best.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #21
I like the original edit better, and it's better in b&w.

It's an abstract, and colors ties it too closely to the real thing for my taste. It could be more heavily processed, too, higher contrast or whatever. Whatever it needs to pull it away from the underlying reality.

To my taste, the image is actually the openings in the structure, and the bricks is the actual negative space. So, it's about placing those open spaces. Coming in close and symmetrical in the second edit seems to me to remove some of visual tension from the original image. There might well be a better crop than the first one, but I think that something with relatively loose framing, and the apparent tilt, are both necessary to make the abstract work as a strong image.

I agree w/ you a little on my first edits. They feel uncomfortable. Which I do like, but I think I could still get a better crop out of the shot. The second edit is playing it safe. It's what everyone expects and is visually pleasing. I may play w/ a version of the first crop some more, just to see if I can make the uncomfortable feel work.
Thanks for the comments!!
 
I was glad to see the image in the General Gallery rather than the Photographic Equipment forum describing a malfunction when I read the title. :lol:


I prefer the edit as well. Not because it's safe or what I would expect. I like the geometry. Can you clean up the lower triangle's far left point?

Well done. Thanks for sharing.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #23
Thanks K!! I did notice the bit in the lower triangle. I'll get that out of there!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom