Bridal fun

Digitalis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hoylesphotography.com
I had the opportunity to shoot a beautiful bride at a local campus yesterday. Wonderful venue, I could have spent all day shooting there but the poor girl wilted in the hot sun with that big dress. We got a few before we had to retreat to the air conditioning.

58659039.jpg

58670261.jpg

58670262.jpg

58670263.jpg

Great series, i like the glow you have added and you have done well exposing for the white dress

You did a great job with a really beautiful "model" here and I find her eyes particularly stunning in the last, the b+w version. What was your light for that one?

LaFoto said:
You did a great job with a really beautiful "model" here and I find her eyes particularly stunning in the last, the b+w version. What was your light for that one?
I tried that pose with and without flash. The posted picture was a combination of natural light, dodge and burn.;)

Absoblutely amazing work, she must be very pleased with the results. As LaFoto mentioned, her eyes really stand out in the last shot.
Wonderful!

Christie Photo said:
The first and last are abosulte stand-outs! Did you consider doing anything with the background in that last one?

VERY nice work!

Pete

My first instinct was to change the background to all black but I thought I would loose the contrast with her hair. Maybe I'll give it a try tonight.:)

They are all beautiful, but the first one is captavating. I love her eyes and the treatment you gave the photo. Really beautiful.

very nice, i love them. first, second, and last are my faves though (mostly the first two, because I'm a texan :) ).

these seem really familiar, especially the second one. maybe i've seen your work somewhere before...hmm.

i would have liked the first one but her head looks distorted. it looks like you were using a wide lense.

thebeginning said:
very nice, i love them. first, second, and last are my faves though (mostly the first two, because I'm a texan :) ).

these seem really familiar, especially the second one. maybe i've seen your work somewhere before...hmm.

You probably have not seen my work before the A&M campus is very popular. We actually had to wait in line behind other brides in gowns to stand infront of stuff. I have seen the second shot from other photographers in the area. The bride is a A&M gal. She rented the football field for an hour, just to get that shot. If you are in the area, it's a very nice place to shoot.

Digitalis said:
You probably have not seen my work before the A&M campus is very popular. We actually had to wait in line behind other brides in gowns to stand infront of stuff. I have seen the second shot from other photographers in the area. The bride is a A&M gal. She rented the football field for an hour, just to get that shot. If you are in the area, it's a very nice place to shoot.

ah yes i bet it is. i might try it sometime, as I'm only about an hour away, and it does have some great locations. thanks for the info!

Onyx said:
i would have liked the first one but her head looks distorted. it looks like you were using a wide lense.

i actually think that's just her hair (?). the lens doesnt seem wide to me, i'm thinking it was a 50mm, perhaps a 35 or a 24-70. distortion doesnt seem that noticeable to me in that one. might just be me.

Most reactions

Back