Bridal fun

Digitalis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hoylesphotography.com
I had the opportunity to shoot a beautiful bride at a local campus yesterday. Wonderful venue, I could have spent all day shooting there but the poor girl wilted in the hot sun with that big dress. We got a few before we had to retreat to the air conditioning.

58659039.jpg

58670261.jpg

58670262.jpg

58670263.jpg

duncanp

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.duncanphilpott.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Great series, i like the glow you have added and you have done well exposing for the white dress

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
You did a great job with a really beautiful "model" here and I find her eyes particularly stunning in the last, the b+w version. What was your light for that one?

OP
Digitalis

Digitalis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
LaFoto said:
You did a great job with a really beautiful "model" here and I find her eyes particularly stunning in the last, the b+w version. What was your light for that one?
I tried that pose with and without flash. The posted picture was a combination of natural light, dodge and burn.;)

Peanuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brittanyesther.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Absoblutely amazing work, she must be very pleased with the results. As LaFoto mentioned, her eyes really stand out in the last shot.
Wonderful!

OP
Digitalis

Digitalis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
Christie Photo said:
The first and last are abosulte stand-outs! Did you consider doing anything with the background in that last one?

VERY nice work!

Pete

My first instinct was to change the background to all black but I thought I would loose the contrast with her hair. Maybe I'll give it a try tonight.:)

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Photos OK to edit
They are all beautiful, but the first one is captavating. I love her eyes and the treatment you gave the photo. Really beautiful.

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
very nice, i love them. first, second, and last are my faves though (mostly the first two, because I'm a texan :) ).

these seem really familiar, especially the second one. maybe i've seen your work somewhere before...hmm.

Onyx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i would have liked the first one but her head looks distorted. it looks like you were using a wide lense.

OP
Digitalis

Digitalis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thebeginning said:
very nice, i love them. first, second, and last are my faves though (mostly the first two, because I'm a texan :) ).

these seem really familiar, especially the second one. maybe i've seen your work somewhere before...hmm.

You probably have not seen my work before the A&M campus is very popular. We actually had to wait in line behind other brides in gowns to stand infront of stuff. I have seen the second shot from other photographers in the area. The bride is a A&M gal. She rented the football field for an hour, just to get that shot. If you are in the area, it's a very nice place to shoot.

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Digitalis said:
You probably have not seen my work before the A&M campus is very popular. We actually had to wait in line behind other brides in gowns to stand infront of stuff. I have seen the second shot from other photographers in the area. The bride is a A&M gal. She rented the football field for an hour, just to get that shot. If you are in the area, it's a very nice place to shoot.

ah yes i bet it is. i might try it sometime, as I'm only about an hour away, and it does have some great locations. thanks for the info!

Onyx said:
i would have liked the first one but her head looks distorted. it looks like you were using a wide lense.

i actually think that's just her hair (?). the lens doesnt seem wide to me, i'm thinking it was a 50mm, perhaps a 35 or a 24-70. distortion doesnt seem that noticeable to me in that one. might just be me.

Most reactions

New Topics