Bridal Session

Reyna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, would love some good constructive criticism on these. Please be nice to me :)

12 by Holly Reyna, on Flickr

#5 is the money maker. The others suffer from minor crop and lighting issues, most of which can be improved in post.

Nice. Good lighting and pretty bride. I do agree that some of the compositions are a little off but overall I think they're pretty good.

I do have to say, though, that with number 3 I think you should placed her hand in front somewhere. Because of the angle she's at and her long hair it makes it seem like a disembodied hand is grabbing her from behind. I think that maybe that's just an awkward pose in general.

Thanks. I used all natural light b/c there were huge open windows. Can you tell me more about what lighting issues you see? Blah, now I wish I would have used my flash.

I like them. I agree with the above comment about some cropping and lighting issues. For example on the first pic, a little too much space on the left side is used for that wood when I would have preferred to have the edge of her left arm not cropped off. As for lighting, it's a bit flat and even. I think the overall appeal would be enhanced if it was more offset and directional. Very pretty overall and good skin tones.

Nice. Good lighting and pretty bride. I do agree that some of the compositions are a little off but overall I think they're pretty good.

I do have to say, though, that with number 3 I think you should placed her hand in front somewhere. Because of the angle she's at and her long hair it makes it seem like a disembodied hand is grabbing her from behind. I think that maybe that's just an awkward pose in general.

Thank you, rexbobcat! I did get quite a few with that pose but her right hand on her hip. Maybe I should have posted that one but I didn't want to overload on the images. I liked her hand like that though! She said she wanted her arms to look really skinny so I thought that would be a good pose for that.

I'm a sucker for sepia (when done well, at least) so #2 takes the cake for me.

ETA: it does appear a little on the green side for me, could just be this craptastic monitor I'm viewing it on though :)

I like them. I agree with the above comment about some cropping and lighting issues. For example on the first pic, a little too much space on the left side is used for that wood when I would have preferred to have the edge of her left arm not cropped off. As for lighting, it's a bit flat and even. I think the overall appeal would be enhanced if it was more offset and directional. Very pretty overall and good skin tones.

Thanks! Ok, so on image 1 and 2 that's an easy fix. I will do that. I can add pop to all the images but I'm so afraid adding too much, kwim. I tend to do that. I actually have 2 edited images of a lot of them with a lot more pop.....

I'm a sucker for sepia (when done well, at least) so #2 takes the cake for me.

ETA: it does appear a little on the green side for me, could just be this craptastic monitor I'm viewing it on though :)

I like that one too. I'm calibrated and it doesn't look green to me so I hope it's your monitor! If not, someone please let me know! I have others with the same color and I don't want them looking green. Ugh.

Wow, these came out really nice IMO. She looks like Mandy Moore in a couple of these. Very pretty.

For those of you who dont know who that is.... http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m203/tigerhun219/MM1.jpg

and... http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m203/tigerhun219/MM2.jpg

That is besides the point I guess. The pictures all have a really nice look to them.

Dont worry, when you show these to the Bride, she wont say that you have lighting issues. She will say "Thank you so much"!

You're totally right. She does look like Mandy Moore! She is beautiful.

I HATE to post and run but my mommy duties are calling me. I will check back later but thank you all for the good cc. :)

Reyna said:
I like that one too. I'm calibrated and it doesn't look green to me so I hope it's your monitor! If not, someone please let me know! I have others with the same color and I don't want them looking green. Ugh.

It does not look green to me...must just be his craptastic monitor... these photos look great!

Massively Mandy Moore doppelganger!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back