bright lights causing shadows...

And also turn your iso down (you were shooting at iso800) smaller aperture and lower shutter speed your setting are all over the place

Do I change the size on photobucket or did I put them on my computer wrong? When I resize them in photobucket they get blurry. grrr

It is probably blurry because you are resizing the small photo to a larger one? Try uploading the original size to photobucket.

Click on the

It displays on photobucket as a thumbnail, when you resize do it with 800 along the long side before uploading to photobucket. Your pictures on photobucket are too small and will transfer as same but a file size this small is used for avatars and not pictures on the net.

The example photo that is posted is an example of dappled sunlight. Dappled light is difficult to work with.

Since the camera doesn't work like the human eye does, the dynamic range of the shadows and direct sunlit parts often makes for not very good looking photos.

Consequently, the shadows have to have light added to them. That is called fill lighting.

However, it is often better to put a diffuser between the Sun and the subject so the photographer can have more control over all the light in the scene.

Thanks everyone. I contacted photobucket and I had the settings on there wrong- I must have changed them a long time ago when I opened that account. I will get that fixed now. As for the ISO, I took those pictures on the first day I used the camera and really had no idea about anything (still don't know much but working on it!) I had the ISO on 800 because an initial thing I read said to use a higher ISO on sunny days... so I guess I still need to figure that out!

Most reactions

Back