What's new

Brightness calibration?

indeedies

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
448
Reaction score
4
Location
Tacoma, WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've recently started printing off photos and have noticed that my printed images come out much darker than what my monitor shows. I calibrated my monitor using Spyder Pro 3 and my colors are correct between monitor and image. Has anyone else experienced this or know what actions I should take to correct this?

My monitor is HP w2338h if that helps at all.
Thanks for any advice on this matter.
 
I don't know much about this because I don't print at home but I think you need a printer profile to soft-proof your pictures to see what they will look like from the printer. Maybe someone who knows more about this could offer their opinion?
 
Are you using an inkjet printer? Some make things a lot darker than they should be, even if they're a "photo" printer.
 
I'm printing at Costco. Should I try a different lab and see what happens?
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom