British Isle Suggestions?

There's definitely a trend by the Brits to pick thoroughly unappetizing names for their edibles. Like Spotted Dick, black pudding, jellied eels, stargazy pie etc

What is wrong with spotted dick? what is wrong with the name?

black pudding however, is just about edible... not recommended from my point of view though.

^^^ I definitely agree with Anty.

But now you guys are just making me hungry.

Click on the link for stargazy pie....that'll take away your appetite!

We are just honest about what we eat. I suppose you would prefer it if we gave it a fancy French name to disguise what it was :grumpy:

"Tête de poisson en vol au vent" does have a nicer ring, doncha think? (And you can charge twice as much)

That's just chips - and shows Americans are even less honest about food.
They are not free, nor were they French.
Hotdogs are not made with dog.
Hamburgers are made from beef, not ham (and not, I hope, citizens of a German town either).
American beer is actually gnat's piss.
And so on.

That's just chips - and shows Americans are even less honest about food.
They are not free, nor were they French.
Hotdogs are not made with dog.
Hamburgers are made from beef, not ham (and not, I hope, citizens of a German town either).
American beer is actually gnat's piss.
And so on.

I think it is scary that I have to agree with all you just said!

How boring, we cannot even start a fight now!

As for the hotdogs not containing dogs though, I have to mention that you not always get what the label says. I remember eating not so Chicken-ish "Chicken" at this rat-infested place in Belize City ... I honestly do not want to know the truth here :lmao:

Hrmph. Not all American beer is gnat's piss, though I do have to wonder, since our larger breweries do schlep the crap stuff why do you bother importing them? (I often wonder the same thing about our cars...)

Hrmph. Not all American beer is gnat's piss, though I do have to wonder, since our larger breweries do schlep the crap stuff why do you bother importing them? (I often wonder the same thing about our cars...)

I think in Germany we do not import much beer ;)

And in the UK most of our lager is brewed here under license.
Carlsberg... Red Stripe... American Budweiser is probably brewed here (Anheuser-Busch own Carlsberg)... and many others.

Get yourself a Full English breakfast fry up - Great for hangovers. Don't be afraid to pour on the HP sauce all over the sausages and beans.

When I lived in London, I enjoyed Camden Town by the canal and Portabello Road Market on the weekends....if you don't mind bohemien.

And in the UK most of our lager is brewed here under license.
Carlsberg... Red Stripe... American Budweiser is probably brewed here (Anheuser-Busch own Carlsberg)... and many others.

But it is still lager ... even if brewed in Europe ;)

Well the English concoction is called lager but I think it's sails close to breaching the Trades Description Act. It's a bit like English 'chocolate' - it's shares similarities with other European chocolate but the similarities end when you open the package.

Mmm... chocolate... :drool:

Well I suppose I didn't take in account the local licensed breweries... Hrm, but I'm thinking that might actually be worse: trying to duplicate gnat's piss. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back