Broken LCD on Canon 430EX II

chris21908

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Canon 430EX II flash that has a cracked/broken LCD screen. The flash still works, but I cannot change the shooting mode since I cannot read the LCD display. Does anyone have experience with fixing cracked screens on Canon flashes? I found a replacement screen on eBay, but I have no idea if it’s something I can install myself or not. Do you think I can maybe sell the flash like it is?

Have you checked the cost of having it repaired professionally? I'm sure you can repair it yourself; generally speaking the LCD is just a snap-in/glue-in module with a ribbon cable connector. Getting the flash apart may be tricky (No idea; I'm a Nikonian), but I'm sure it's do-able, the question is, is it worth it?

Have you checked the cost of having it repaired professionally? I'm sure you can repair it yourself; generally speaking the LCD is just a snap-in/glue-in module with a ribbon cable connector. Getting the flash apart may be tricky (No idea; I'm a Nikonian), but I'm sure it's do-able, the question is, is it worth it?

I haven't called canon personally for a quote, but I have heard from other websites and people that it is well over $100, plus about a month wait. preferably, I would like to either sell it as is, or fix it myself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back