D7K

This is the right time..
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On a trip into the mountains a couple of months ago, we headed to one of the beautiful mountain lakes, when we arrived the sky was flat and grey, but as we hiked around and relaxed a while, the sun broke through, it was not the light I wanted, But the stillness of the lake and the light did make for some beautiful reflections.
As it was so still, I asked the better half to throw a stone over my shoulder and fired off a few shots to catch some ripples and splashes, one of which caught this "Wine Glass" type splash & reflection with some beautiful mirror like reflections around the lake.

As always, C&C welcomed..

Bezbog_Wine_Glass.jpg

Reactions: Sil
Try cropping the entire left side of the image to take out the buildings. The contrast in direction between the tree and the splash makes for an interesting image.

Like this? I kinda liked the entire mirror but here's what I think you're referring to for a crop...

Bezbog_Wine_Glass_Crop.jpg

I actually like the original more, love the whole image and reflections.

I'm with you on that one Dave, I think it's more appealing, to me anyways. I can see the idea behind the crop but I think it loses more than it gains ...

The crop is exactly what I envisioned. I think it draws the eye to the splash in the middle, then to the tree, then to it's reflection, then to the rest of the image.

Thanks, I totally understand the crop which is why I posted, I guess it "closes" the image for the eye and gives a clearer follow... Always nice to have such suggestions as I'd not have tried it at all, despite me liking the bigger image, it gave me food for thought in my processing.

I prefer the full image, I like all of the detail. Matter of preference. Both versions are nice. Love the splash by the way. :encouragement:

Reactions: D7K
Nice images, and both are valid interpretations. It all centers around the perfect "splash".

Reactions: D7K

Most reactions

New Topics

Back