Broken T2i LCD help

sarah4409

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased a Canon T2i, and about 2 weeks later, I had it in a book bag (instead of a camera bag...) and i set it down rather hard on accident.

As far as I can ascertain, my 50mm f/1.8 autofocus ring is broken ..
it will barely rotate a few degrees, and the front/rear element assembly will jiggle a bit if you press on it. however, there is no broken glass, the damage is only to plastic parts. the plastic mount piece is broken. i took the plastic mount ring off, and am able to mount it to my camera without ring, and take a picture, then view picture on computer.. it is fine/sharp aside from being slightly out of focus.

My LCD is broken. The backlight works, and ironically, the actual glass itself (digitizer?) is fine.. but the lcd crystal is broken and will not display an image at all.. only a few rays of bright white light. glass is fine.

My pictures turn out fine (have to view on computer)

so, How much am I looking at to replace the LCD? is the lens worth repairing? i have repaired the digitizer and/or lcd on an iphone before, wasn't too hard... surely i could order the lcd for a t2i and replace it myself and save $200 bucks from canon??

i;ll post in the repair forum (if there is one) so sorry if this is a double post/wrong forum. any advice would be appreciated.THANKS

Most reactions

New Topics

Back