Brother's new car.. well sort of new.

kami

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My brothers car just got here today. It's a 2004 BMW M3. Was going to take pics of the exterior but there's no room in the garage to move around so I just took some quick snap shots of mostly the interior. When he's done detailing the car I'll snap some external shots as well. Enjoy!

Edit: Oh by the way, this is my first time taking car pictures so while I posted pics, might as well get some C&C from you guys. Thanks in advance!

steeringwheel2.jpg

steeringwheel1.jpg

shifterknob.jpg

shifter.jpg

rightsteering.jpg

interior3.jpg

interior4.jpg

lefthandle.jpg

leftsteering.jpg

lightknobs.jpg

gauges.jpg

engine1.jpg

enginebay1.jpg

authenticACSstrutbar.jpg

airbag.jpg

CSLdoorinlay.jpg

i dont like the second picture because it feels like there is a small angle when you look at the steering wheel but not big enough to offcenter the steering wheel. <-- hope that made sense.

for picture #6, try to maybe photoshop the picture so that there is a softer background.

youve got too much interior vs exterior shots

well he said he didn't have much room around the car to take exterior pictures so therefore don't blame him

but you should really take it somewhere outside, i think it would look amazing in front of a sunset/rise

Nice car!..... You should of removed the air freshener in the 7th pic :p

i dont like the second picture because it feels like there is a small angle when you look at the steering wheel but not big enough to offcenter the steering wheel. <-- hope that made sense.

for picture #6, try to maybe photoshop the picture so that there is a softer background.

ya, it was a little difficult trying to squeeze in the tripod into the car and getting good angles without ever looking through the veiw finder. So most of my shots were just spray and pray kinda deal. Also, I have no idea what to photograph here. I just hope that the pictures would just speak to me, telling me what I need and not need to do.

I wanted a "dark knight" kinda feel to the pics, some light spilling into interior with a lot of dark shadows. I know I need some small fill light in some areas but didn't know what to shoot for, so I just winged it.

were these all shot under ambient light?

yes, just a few flourescent lighting from above. I'm gonna try to look up some pics of cars in general and see if I can practice duplicating some nice pictures.

I think I was using F/stops between 8-10, iso 200, shutter speed between 1sec - 1.6sec.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back