Brown Hare

John 2

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Two More using the 70-300mm +2x combination. Spotted me as I took the first one. Got up and "hared" off after the second.

Hare 3 copy.jpg

Hare 1 copy.jpg

Fantastic animals. I love them. Good shots too.

Seeing these makes me revisit my thoughts of trying a teleconverter. I had talked my self out of one but you surely got some very nice results!

Thanks both.

Dean, I think it depends on the teleconverter. I played with a high end OEM (sigma) converter when I was still using Nikon Gear. It produced reasonable results but there was a noticeable loss in IQ. The two converters I now have on the other hand provide exceptional performance but they have been bespoke designed by Fuji to partner a small no. of particular lenses and I think that is the point. They are not general purpose tools which try to be all things to all men (if you know what I mean).

Nice shot! I have a Sigma 1.4x teleconverter that I use on occasion. Works well with my f/2.8 Sigma lenses, but often requires manual focus with my Sigma 50-600mm.

Nice captures! I can never get them in as good positions as this,

Thanks for all of the additional comments. Going away for a few days and I think that the 100-400mm will remain at home in favour of the 70-300+2x to see whether it has any limitations by comparison with the longer lens.

Most reactions

Back