Bruneau Dunes Reeds

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Reeds - in the middle of a rainstorm, at Bruneau Sand Dunes, Idaho... In the background isn't a mountain/hill .... it's the largest Sand dune in the US..

5361834471_809642810d_b.jpg

OK, I've seen Flickr do some strange stuff, but this previous picture came out totally de-saturated and extremely soft... What the hey ??? I don't belong to any other photo-sharing site, so I can't .... 're-do', so just go ahead and assume that the picture REALLY IS sharper and brighter.. ;)

It uploaded to my personal Webpage just fine .... if you want to compare, it's http://rottophotography.com/ - the first photo in the "Scenic Idaho" catalog..

Anything I could have done diff ??

thanks,

Last edited:
Flickr actually adds a slight sharpening pass on upload. That's it.
You can read about it on Flickr.

As far as the desaturation, it sounds like a color space issue. Not all browsers are color space aware.

Flickr actually adds a slight sharpening pass on upload. That's it.
You can read about it on Flickr.

As far as the desaturation, it sounds like a color space issue. Not all browsers are color space aware.

Well, that was pretty much the answer from Flickr... that I wasn't using a "Color Managed" browser.... they recommend Safari 5, Firefox, and some others.... Either that, or save my image as sRGB..

Short of changing browsers, are their any adverse effects to save as sRGB for web use, and then sending to a Lab for printing ?? I know absolutely nothing about this part of photography..:(

Appreciate your answer and patience...

r

ReSaves as sRGB - and certainly posts better now !!

5364718059_b5de6f44ff_b.jpg

I would crop off most of the sky. Simply use the scroll bar and raise and lower the photo to experiment. I think it gives the foreground(s) more punch with the sky out of the way and not competing for eye time

Really nice.
Dig the fog and sobolik's idea isn't to bad.

Is there a difference as far as hosting images on Flickr compared to say ImageShack?

Ok the off-roader in me is begging to ask...just how tall of a dune are we talking about here? The biggest I've raced up is Sand Mountain at Little Sahara, UT at 600 verticle feet. You've got me aching to go back to the dunes!

Ok the off-roader in me is begging to ask...just how tall of a dune are we talking about here? The biggest I've raced up is Sand Mountain at Little Sahara, UT at 600 verticle feet. You've got me aching to go back to the dunes!

No vehicles on these dunes, but hike and roll down as much as you want... The sign states that these dunes are the largets Sand Dunes in the U.S...
It looks like a mountain, but it's just a pile of sand - just like beach sand..

If you're really interested....... Here's their address: N 42' 53.506 - and - W 115' 42.127

r

Last edited:
The sign states that these dunes are the largets Sand Dunes in the U.S...
It looks like a mountain, but it's just a pile of sand - just like beach sand..

If you're really interested....... Here's their address: N 42' 53.506 - and - W 115' 42.127

Largest single-structured sand dune in the US at ~470' tall. There are a LOT of dunes that are bigger. Some in area, some in height, some in what specific type of dune they are (There are 6 or 7 types of dunes and at least 3 forms per type).

I like the photo as is myself. Dune grass in the foreground, the mist rising off the water, and finally the dune itself rising out of the water and mist. Sharp enough all through the shot so you can see the droplets of water on the dune grass, but still a sharp edge on the dune profile itself.

Most reactions

Back