weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was the first time for ages I was up in Glencoe with anything resembling the right lighting conditions to take a shot of this icon of Scottish scenery. I've been wanting a shot of this mountain for ages but I guess hilly surroundings and Scottish weather make it difficult to be in the right place at the right time without some major planning and forethought. This is a pano of two lanscape shots as I couldn't get the burn and the blue sky in one. If I'd have thought I'd have shot it as a regular panorama ad had it a wee bit wider to capture the bottom of the slope of the mountain. Still, I'm pretty pleased with what I ended up with even if it is a bit of a regular "tourist" shot. I like the blue sky at one side and the rain on the other, it seems to sum up our weather nicley.

Buachaille Etive Mòr by wee_pete, on Flickr

I like it. It conveys lack-luster weather, but not in a way that makes the image uninteresting. Is it possible to shoot at sunset or sunrise when there's a more angular light?

Best,
Jake

Thanks DBJ. I'm a couple of hours away from this place so a sunrise or sunset would have to be a spesific thing I go for, though I might give it a go at somepoint.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back