TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well..... sort of...

On a wee bit of a holiday so I told my partner I wanted to take a nice romantic photogaph of the two of us. Got to the location on a small, remote Scottish island, the weather was gogrgeous and sunny, so we walked up the single hill here with 360° views of the sea, Mull, Jura, Canna and out over the Atlantic ocean by telling her the light was "right". Setup the camera, remote release and tripod as a ruse, got her in position, then, with a little bit of mis-direction palmed the ringbox, got down on one knee while "fixing" her clothes, took her hand an popped the question.

She was delighted, massivley suprised, fell to her knees and she said yes.

We've been together quite some time now and I think she'd resigned herself to thinking that I'd never ask so was totally suprised when I did. I'd kept it totally under wraps so only the jeweler and myself knew. Also managed to smuggle up a bottle of champane by cannily replacing the 150-600mm in my bag.

So, it turns out I'm now engaged!

I still need to get home and process the shots, they are nowhere near perfect but I'm really chuffed my plan went without a hitch and my fiancée and I are totally over the moon!

Last edited:
That’s so cute! Awesome plan and execution. Kudos for having it private and romantic. Can’t wait to see how the photos turned out.

Heck yes! Congrats man!

I proposed in much the same fashion earlier this year and it’s amazing to not only get engaged, but also capture the photo of it yourself! Can’t wait to see the photos if you’re willing to share!

Congratulations - and a fine plan, well excecuted.

Ha, ha. You romantic old dog you. Congratulations and well done.

Thanks everyone,

I was shooting througout, so although I didn't get my position quite right (had my back to the camera) you can see my partners reaction (priceless) and the ring. I'll need to see if I can do something for ourselves with the series. I'm pretty sure she won't mind me posting up a shot here (I will check first) so I'll get an edit done when I'm back home next week and let you all see.

Well..... sort of...

On a wee bit of a holiday so I told my partner I wanted to take a nice romantic photogaph of the two of us. Got to the location on a small, remote Scottish island, the weather was gogrgeous and sunny, so we walked up the single hill here with 360° views of the sea, Mull, Jura, Canna and out over the Atlantic ocean by telling her the light was "right". Setup the camera, remote release and tripod as a ruse, got her in position, then, with a little bit of mis-direction palmed the ringbox, got down on one knee while "fixing" her clothes, took her hand an popped the question.

She was delighted, massivley suprised, fell to her knees and she said yes.

We've been together quite some time now and I think she'd resigned herself to thinking that I'd never ask so was totally suprised when I did. I'd kept it totally under wraps so only the jeweler and myself knew. Also managed to smuggle up a bottle of champane by cannily replacing the 150-600mm in my bag.

So, it turns out I'm now engaged!

I still need to get home and process the shots, they are nowhere near perfect but I'm really chuffed my plan went without a hitch and my fiancée and I are totally over the moon!
Well done Laddie!

Most reactions

Back