weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finished up for Christmas early this year so thought I'd make the most of it. There was a small weather window this morning so a 6am rise meant I could get up to glen coe. Mis-placing my shutter release and leaving packing to the last minute delayed me, so I ran into traffic and missed what was a spectacular sunrise (over Loch Lomond anyway). Managed to get 2 shots off with an ok sky just as I arrived. Met a nice other tog from Cambridge who was staying brefly nearby and we exchanged a few plesantries as we were waiting for the patch of blue to blow over the mountains again. Unforunatley I think it was too late by that point and the **relativley** warm air from the ground was blowing up the side of the mountain keeping it cloudy. It gave me a chance to really put the 5D IV to the test and use it for what I'd bought it for.

Just finished processing this and man, those files really don't disapoint! The extra DR was great and the file sizes are large enough to really work with, have amazing detail and are so clean with the 16-35mm f4 L being very sharp, very low distortion and no visible CA it made the job of processing these really quite easy and minimal. I feel confident this will completely change my workfow as I didn't have to try and compensate for the shorcomings of my camera, though this shot is a manual exposure blend of 2 shots (one for the sky and water and one foreground).

The Buachaille 2 by wee_pete, on Flickr

Great shot! Looks like the 5D IV and your skill are a winning combination.

Thanks Stapo, it's a fantasic bit of kit and I'm privalaged to have it. I think for the first time ever I didn't feel like I was fighting it in the edit and thinhs just came together. I'm pretty pleased with this shot, patially bacause I though the whole day was a wash out. I just hope I can keep the standard up and hopefully next time I'll get there when conditions are a bit better and I can get a bit more compositional choice.

Good shot.......

Thanks Jeff!

Great shot of a beautiful landscape.

Thanks mate, I'm delighted how this has been rendered online. It look really real to me if that makes sense. I really hope to get up here when it's colder with some icicles. PS there's some good fishing down that road too!

Nice! Has a very stark feel to it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back