What's new

Bubble Geometry

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Played around with some lighting and soap bubbles over the past few days in an effort to distract myself from cravings, I'm quitting smoking! YAY GRRRR! lol

My goal was to get different looks, these are my fav's.

Would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks for taking a look.














This one is my fav out of the whole set.

 
Creative as always, rabbit. =) I've been enjoying these on flickr. Keep them coming. I think you're inspiring me to try something...hehe
 
Thanks Mish :) Ooooo! Can't wait to see what you come up with! I have a few more ideas to try out so chop chop ;) lol
 
Cool! I really like the almost metallic look to the last two.
 
Very nice, I especially like #2! Some insight into your process for these might be of interest to a lot of our members (especially those that don't know where to buy purple dish soap!).
 
Ohhhhh, these are fun shots! I really like the shallow DOF of #1. The second one has gorgeous lighting and shading and shaping on the bubbles, and is VERY nice. ANd while the third one I saw on Facebook, and liked, I actually like #2 maybe a bit more, and I think #1 is tied with #3 in the likey-likey department. Good shootin' on these!
 
Thanks all!

Ah my setup, it's a purely "use what you got" setup ;)

I set up on top of a fish tank with the fluorescent light for the tank inside facing up.
Glass of bubbles sitting on top of a textured plastic shelf liner to diffuse the light.
Lamp with 60 watt bulb camera left with umbrella to diffuse in the first and without the umbrella in the second and third but at different distances.
Black sheet tacked up on the side opposite the lamp as a black (flag?) (not sure that is the right term...)
Move around a lot and look at all angles!
 
Congratulations on quitting smoking. It looks like you have found a good way to distract yourself. Very creative and well captured.
 
Thanks EOV! I'm happy that I'm quitting but far from in a happy place at this point in the process, I'm hangin' on for my dear bunny life here though!

Getting lost in photography has been a godsend because time just simply passes....and a curse when it doesn't work out they way I want it to lol
 
Really neat! I love number two. Thanks for sharing!
 
2 is spot on ms rabbit. Ed
 
Thanks Jazzie and Ed :)
 
These are terrific! That purple is so lovely. I can't choose a favorite. I love them all.
 
Two and three for me. And purple is one of my favorite colors.
 
#2 for me as the top favourite. Nice colour, shapes, DOf...

And especially nice that you're giving up inhaling combustion products. I lost my father-in-law to his life-long habit and its consequences.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom