What's new

Budget Lighting Kit

What you got is probably better than the eBay junk. I got a pair of softboxes with stands for $50 on eBay, but I got lucky and they're pretty well made. YMMV with these things.
 
acparsons said:
My next problem is determining how to hold the umbrellas, I have clips and can screw them into the tripod head. However, I'm looking for a design that I can make with parts from my local hardware store for a more stable hold. Again, your tips and ideas will be very well received.

Thanks,

AC

I Googled "DIY umbrella mount" and lo and behold...a whole bunch of hardware-store solutions!

DIY umbrella mount - Google Search

Went to the hardware stores today, $1 for a simple 1/4 inch bolt. I just decided to order some Meike, at 6 bucks each, it's a steal compare to buying the stuff for DIY at the hardware shops around here.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom