bug eat bug

chris drake

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C welcome. I know the flash spots on the eyes are not to good. I forgot to put on my diffuser! Rookie mistake.

047-1.jpg

048.jpg

049-1.jpg

022.jpg

015-1.jpg

chris

great action shots!

Great shots, brilliant stalking to get in without it flying off. There is something just a little unsharp about them, perhaps a little shake or to high an f sop for whatever lens is used? After about f18 diffraction starts to be a problem. It is often better to keep the apperture a little larger, especially if you are using extention tubes or a teleconverter as the amount of diffraction also increases with magnification. It does not detract from some truely wonderful captures. Looking forward to more.

Tim

Thanks for the comments Tim. The reason they are a little unsharp is the fact that my f stop was at f20 like you mentioned and I was shooting freehand no tripod. I'm using a canon xsi with a sigma 105mm no extension tubes or teleconverters. I'm practicing as much as possible since I'm still new to macro. Chris

Fantastic action capture - I've seen dragons eating flies but never before a butterfly so well done! I do agree with TPE and I myself tend to keep f13 as my smallest working aperture and only occasinally will I dip into f16. I don't go any lower than that because the overall diffraction effect really starts to pickup quite noticably (and I often have a 1.4TC on my macro lenses for a bit more magnification at the closest distance and a bit more working distance when working a little further off).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back