building of the view cam.

WOW, I'm impressed......

It looks great, nicely done! Let's see some shots using the effects of the swing lens.

hell, I never said I knew how to do all that stuff.

1st and I hope worst shot from the view cam
viewtest.jpg

I was finally able to get a lens test done.... This is the lens I bought a ansco 116 with a missing bellows for under ten bucks. This is it shot at it's best.
testff7.jpg

I have one more camera to test then I'm going to shoot this one as much as I can without a cable release.

That's terrific.....some nice detailis showing up, sharpness all the way to the pole.

I haven't seen the word Ansco (cameras) in centuries. Are they still around???? the company?

sometime in the forties or fifties I think they merged with agfa of germany. There was a lot of german american mixing of camera parts and technology. Then agfa kind fizzled as far as I know. I might have seen some gaf stuff that had an agfa subbrand in the sixties Im not really sure any more. Gaf is gone too i think.

I was surprised to find bell and howell still in the camera business even if it is rebranding other companies cameras.

My Uncle Nick had an old B&H 16 mm movie camera; turret with 3 lenses, as I remember.

Wish I had the movies he took when I was a kid with my cousins.

Where has the time gone????!

Well to lament the changing times, I went to the hardware store today to buy a couple of bolts. I got four 1/4 by 1 1/4 inch x 20 twist and they were $2.10 the times they are a changin for sure.

I don't even listen to my wife talk about the price of a nickel loaf of bread now.

I can build a prefectly good camera for under thirty bucks, but I can't buy the gas to go shoot it for less than 40 lol. Something definitely wrong with that.

Thrilled indeed.....

My internet server was knocked out last night due to a storm, but as you can see we're back on line again.

I was surprised to see the sharpness you're getting with the camera. very nice!

Bring on more shots.

Its going to get better actually. Today I swapped out the lens for a old polaroid lens made by yashica camera company in the 50s... It is a better glass but the shutter on it isn't very adaptive. Life is a trade off. The ansco will most likely go on a field type camera/.

Most reactions

Back