built a light box finally

I had a little play, I think I might have adjusted the saturation a touch to much but was a quick play to show how far off your colour balance is.

beetle%20adjusted.jpg

wow so much better, mmm how should i do the white balance then?

ok heres two more from inside the box, one set to floeurescent the other to the same settings as the car was and i def see a difference

thoughts on these?
DSC_0343.jpg
DSC_0345.jpg

I like the first one better (it looks softer), but you may want to try a couple more WB settings (like tungsten) until you get the background white.

You def need the tissue paper though. The pictures are looking too dark and shadowy. It defeats the whole purpose...

The 'temperature' is marked on the side of the fluorescent bulbs. The 'daylight' bulbs are 5500K and show a temperature a few hundred less than this through the trash bags.

My backgrounds are a pack of colored and white poster board long enough to be the floor and the back. (Looks like what you did???) A gentle bend will leave no line in the pic where the back and floor meet. For the 'Bug on a Strawberry', I used a couple of evergreen boughs in front of a green poster board.

Multiple light sources (and better diffusion) will soften/remove the shadows.

TF

Most reactions

New Topics

Back