Bulb

Rahb

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Ok, when I was in Photography many years ago, we were given a project. We had to take a picture at night of lights controling how long the shutter was open to get enough light exposure. I forget how long we did it, something like 10 sec or something (don't remember). To do this with my old Pentax I had a bulb attachment, that when squesed would trigger the shutter until released. My problem right now is I can't find my book for my Rebel 35mm, so I don't really know all of the features and buttons to get what i want. How can I set the shutter to stay open until I release the button? change the shutter speed etc? or maybe know where I can find this info. Thx for all of your help btw.

Set it to manual mode, change the shutter speed to as long as you can (should have a bulb mode and will likely go from 30 seconds to 'b' or similar).

You'll almost certainly want a cable release, not sure about your camera, some electronic cable releases open the shutter on the first press then close when you press again, some you need to hold down.

For a 10 second exposure you probably don't need to set it to bulb mode. It probably has 10 seconds as a shutter time.

lol i figured out that m ment manual and that the 1" meant one second about 1 minute before you posted. thanks for the help guys... maybe now i can explore using different shutter speeds. thx

Most reactions

New Topics

Back