bulk loading...

yashica4life

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
jtphoto.vze.com
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Aside from the bilk film and the loader you will need some 35 loadable cartridges. I don't know who sells them but I'll bet you anything that both Adorama and B&H carry them. A good supply of about 30-40 cartridges will do. You will also need some good, sticky and removable tape, preferrably of the narrow type so you can tape the ends of the film onto the taking spools. Good luck!

30 or 40?! I think I have 5 and usually only have one loaded at a time. :D But I'm not very prolific in shooting these days...

When you get cassettes, you can get dx-coded or non coded. If your camera doesn't have a way to set the ISO manually then you will need coded ones. Just something to think about.

(edit - change a for to an or)

oriecat said:
30 or 40?! I think I have 5 and usually only have one loaded at a time. :D But I'm not very prolific in shooting these days...

When you get cassettes, you can get dx-coded for non coded. If your camera doesn't have a way to set the ISO manually then you will need coded ones. Just something to think about.

Good point, Orie...

On the number of the cartridges, I like to have them loaded and put in the fridge from the very get-go, instead of loading when I need them. Otherwise 5 sound good also. :D

Ah I see. Do you make them all the same size or do you vary it and label em? Thats one nice thing about bulk loading, since you can make a little roll of 10 frames to try something new out or stuff like that.

oriecat said:
Ah I see. Do you make them all the same size or do you vary it and label em? Thats one nice thing about bulk loading, since you can make a little roll of 10 frames to try something new out or stuff like that.

I usually label them with markers, actually the ones that have an odd number of frames like the 8-10 frame trial rolls. But generally I put 36 frames into one roll and I mark the type of film and date of loading.

I like to roll them with 35 or fewer frames so the entire roll fits in one neg file sheet. I hate store bought rolls that end up with 37 or 38 frames, because then I have 2 or 3 left over.

This is getting off topic, but this thread is what made me think about it...

I'm going to make a pano pinhole cam using the can the bulk film roll came in. A 12cm strip of 35mm film would fit nicely, and could be taped in.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back