bulk resizing

Nigel A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need a bulk resizing program where one can put in the maximum size allowed for the images.

The issue at the moment is that the criteria for uploading to the hosting site is presicely 500pixels on the longest side and not more than 110kb. With the current program (IrfanView) it does the job well except that very often the images are as small as 35kb. Those in landscape format are often proportionately larger and the pixels on the longest side often have to be set as low as 350 or 400 to ensure that the images does not exceed the 110kb.

Any comments or suggestions please will be very welcome

I'm with you! i would LOVE to know how to bulk resize to specification!

I use Irfanview or Photoshop. What I do, is to resize them in two batches...the vertical ones separate from the horizontal ones. Then you can set the longest side precisely.

Mike
You can do them in one go in Photoshop. Set the maximum sixe horitontal and vertical the same. So say max size vertical is 800 pixels and horizontal is 800 pixels. It will kjeep the ratios the same.

I do this in Image Prcessor and use the resize to fit..... It will keep all your images the right size :)

In fact more recently it's lightroom I've been using for this. it's pretty quick too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back