Bulkhead Scene

WildBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildbillsphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please tell me what you like and do not like about this picture. What could I have done to make it better?

DSCN0167.jpg

Thank's, WildBill

I think a tighter crop of just the pier and the birds would improve it. Right now my eye is lead to the left hand side where the clutter of boats are and there seems to be too much going on there to pick out one subject.

Well when taking shots of white birds (or mostly white or bright) when majority of the scene is dark (blue, green, brows etc), then you might want to try -2/3 or -1 stop exposure compensation. Currently some of the birds and the yacht are overexposed which cannot be compensated in any way. However if you underexpose, then you can always compensate and get the details back. (If you underexpose too much, then you lose a lot of detail info as the first stop of light contains almost half of the sensor data and it gets less and less info per stop of light from there (logarithmit scale)). Hope it helps :)

Regarding composition, then I'd recommend turning your camera slightly to the right so that you would have the posts going from the right hand side all the way to left hand side. That will lead the eye along the posts making the eye notice the birds...

Hope it helps :)

Most reactions

Back