bc_steve

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.stevedinicol.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bull moose at home in his meadow by Steve Dinicol, on Flickr

I saw this guy out in a meadow while I was driving at work. Of course I dropped what I was doing, parked the truck and walked along the ridge so I could hopefully get him in better light. I was pretty sneaky, but eventually I had to walk out in the open if I wanted to keep going, and then he saw me. The sun was at his back when I first saw him, so it was a bit better where I shot this at least.

We looked at each other for a little while before he eventually took off. I'm pretty sure I had a major impact on his life though. He ran off right over to where I later saw some hunters had parked their vehicles, but I think they might have been elsewhere on their quads. So either I herded him to his death, or saved him by chasing him out from the open.

ok. I like the picture. I would crop it a bit differently, of course ;), but just a bit. I like all that space around him.

Did I say it correctly? ;)

I like this one. While the moose is small in the image, it gives one a definite idea of actually how large he is and also his living environment - nice capture.

WesternGuy

Great shot. There were days when I longed to see this through a rifle scope - now it's a 500mm lens.

I didn't like all the vertical space, but the more I looked, the more I did!!

Most reactions

Back