Bummer-summer 2005

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the view I have had from out of my kitchen window in all of the past 4 weeks ... apart from only a couple of hour-long exceptions to this rule:

Bummer-Summer2005_1.jpg

And this is the way in which our verandah furniture is presenting itself in this summer:

Bummer-Summer2005_3.jpg

Bummer-Summer2005_4.jpg

But the plants in our garden love it. They grow like mad.

Bummer-Summer2005_2.jpg

Worst was the weather upon our return from the swamp (cf. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27554), where I also saw the "Dramatic Skies" (cf. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27469 or http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=261206 for the colour versions) last Sunday:

a1_113_WetterbeiRckkehr.jpg

Our front door step...

a1_114_WetterbeiRckkehr.jpg

Garden view from my study with overflowing (albeit cleaned!) gutters.

But...
sometimes this funny (har-har) weather situation also stands for some nice motifs, as seen from out of the car on our way home from the zoo in Emmen/Netherlands near Bremen:

Bummer-Summer2005_5.jpg

Mind you: today is a sunny day - for a change!
I urgently apply to all our UK members that you try your very best to provide for weather UNLIKE the kind shown here for next (20/21th) weekend, which is our meet-up weekend in Saffron Walden! ;)

I realy like the 4th picture, the one of the leaf with water droplet. It reminds me of when i go out into my garden (with the same weather as you currently). Where do you live to have that bad weather in the summer?

In North Germany, Daniel. And while the south may well enjoy a decent and summer-like summer, we must not, for whichever reason.
But all is forgiven if the weekend 20/21 August is nice in and around Saffron Walden in Essex. I don't ask for any more. That is where we are going to have our first European TPF Meet-up.

Thanks all, so far.
It's a pity that because of all the leaves and such (very much information) Photobucket shrunk the first photo to an even smaller size than the reduction I gave to it (640x480 - roughly) ... but they only allow for 250k, and if there are many leaves, there is just too much information there. Therefore it is not to be seen that the tips of those dark red leaves are all covered in little water droplets. It looks nice when it shows on the full screen ... here the effect is nil :(.

I like the rainbow, considering that my husband was rushing past at 120 km/h at the time ;).

i love the water droplets on the spidey web. nice shot. :)

nice story!
nicely done lafoto! love the shot of the spider web and the water droplets.. very very cool :D

nice series, everything looks lush and green!! We are finally getting some wet stuff here.. been so dry and hot all summer!! Only been out in my boat 2 times.. uggg!!!

I like the rainwater pouring on the patio best.. all are cool though!!

they are all cool...love them all..the spider web is really great...and love the rainbow...great job lafoto... :thumbup:

here, we are gonna hit 100 with a heat index that the weather men just shake their heads, and say, just stay inside with the ac.... :confused:

it so hot here, we are catching he**'s over flow...... ( smith's..? table for two??) :fangs:

Ooh, that last one is great! You know what, we should get together and combine our weather. It's hot here, and cool (?) there, really dry here, and wet there. We could have the perfect climate!!! (But you can keep the snow over there :lmao: )

Most reactions

Back