fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys.
I am just looking over some pics of the moon I took this afternoon. While taking some dust marks (caused by dirty lens) out - I noticed a red dot (about 1px).

I checked photos around it - and couldn't find it on any others.

IMG_0356reddot.JPG

So. If its not a burnt pixel - where would a red dot come from? I was pointing straight at the sky! Using a tripod and self timer.

Note: the dot is more defined, and red on the original - just JPEG compression kinda killed it. I can easily clone it out... But I just want to know if its a burnt pixel, as I would not expect this on a less-than-1-month-old camera. (Especially a $1500 camera!)

Thanks for any help!

I was doing a lot of sunsets this afternoon - so a lot of the surroundings actually have red in them, so its hard to tell... I'll keep an eye out in future pics before I worry about it.

alecia, if that spot remains in most of the photos when you shoot in the future, it could very well be a hot pixel. my 10D has at least 10 that i know of, and they are really only visible when you take a shot with a black or dark background.

welcome to the wonderful world of digital hahaha ;)

hmm looks like that may have just been a good picture gone bad. lol

It was covered in dust spots (I assume thats what the reasonably large, blurry dark spots are?), it also had a line - that looked like a hair (more than likely mine). Then the red dot.

Hot and cold pixels happen all the time with lcd screens and ccd/cmos chips, with longer exposures/dark shows them up more then daylight
As for dust, it shows up as a dark blur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back