What's new

Bush Fire

I like the color version of the forest; it is more dramatic and depicts the damage.
 
I really like the first image you have posted here. Especially the contrast of the blue at the top to the orange tones at the bottom.

I find the branches in the foreground if the second photo to be distracting.

I do not really care for this image in B&W. Sorry.

I keep coming back to the first one though, I really like it.
 
Nice captures. You folks in Aus have really been having some "fun" times this year. Fires in Tasmania (is that where these were taken?), floods and now I watched the images of the sea foam in Queensland on the news yesterday. I'm just stuck with snow and -20°C - hardly a comparison.

Do you have the first one in landscape mode. It is a nice shot, but I think something like this would look even better in landscape mode. I agree with FanBoy, the colour shot of the burn looks better - you can see the contrast between the burnt trees and the stuff that is still alive. Maybe with some different processing, the B&W could show it better, not sure.

WesternGuy
 
As requested in landscape. Nope fires are in the Bogong region Victoria


Fire-Landscape by mwrrc, on Flickr
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom