Business aspect of photography

RubyGloom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am enrolled in a local business class but it wont start for 6 months. I have been doing a lot of reading and researching the business aspect of photography. I have a few questions

I am sure this is probably a stupid question (please keep in mind I have not started a business yet and do not plan to for a while nor do I take money for photo shoots) but what does a business plan entail?

How important is your business name and is there a method that anyone reading this has used in order to help them choose a good name?

Facebook, along with a website, how do you use facebook and other social media to your advantage to market your company and gain business?

What are crucial key points/things someone should know before opeing a business? (I understand well about filing taxes and the insurance side)

thanks!

The actual name of your business, probably doesn't matter as much as something like your web site domain name. For example, if your web site is something hard to remember, or hard to spell...that is bad news. A simple web address can be really helpful...and if you want to match your business name and web site name...then you'll have a task picking something that you like and that is available.

The actual name of your business, probably doesn't matter as much as something like your web site domain name. For example, if your web site is something hard to remember, or hard to spell...that is bad news. A simple web address can be really helpful...and if you want to match your business name and web site name...then you'll have a task picking something that you like and that is available.

I have been thinking about buying a domain now so I can secure it even if I am not making a site right away. The name I thought of is taken in another country, but also has about 16 other companies with names almost the exacr same. I am assuming even though there isnt a company with that name in my country the fact that there is another one in existance and many others with similar names that its not a good idea to choose it.

I know my name would be a safe bet but my last name is difficult to pronounce/spell and my first and last name kind of sound funny together lol. I read in another thread on here about trademarking. That is something I had never thought of. Is that a common thing to do? I would hate to build a business and then find out I couldnt use the name or land myself in legal trouble.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back