Business Card Attempt #2... Thoughts?

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What about this? No serif or helvetica fonts on vistaprint..

Or this?

Or this?

Or this?

Jake

P.S., anyone have experience in printing photo's on cards with vistaprint? I was thinking of the metallic finish..

Last edited:
I would have put that big bold grey box at the top.
I know the name is red skies, but it's also not hidden rock, which is what I think ties that picture in. or make it transparant?
Or, even leave it blank and put all your info on the back.

I would have put that big bold grey box at the top.
I know the name is red skies, but it's also not hidden rock, which is what I think ties that picture in. or make it transparant?
Or, even leave it blank and put all your info on the back.

Use no photo you mean, just the grey box?

No, move it to the top of the card, rather than the bottom. Also make it thinner, there's a lot of wasted grey IMHO.

No, move it to the top of the card, rather than the bottom. Also make it thinner, there's a lot of wasted grey IMHO.

Sadly vistaprint has limited editing ability. I posted two other options.. thoughts on those?

Can't you size it all and make 1 image with layers, flatten them, and just put that on the card?

How about the original background, then the text from the back of your card, .com, and a number?
Then just your name on the back.

IDK :) I'm no help, sorry!

Can't you size it all and make 1 image with layers, flatten them, and just put that on the card?

How about the original background, then the text from the back of your card, .com, and a number?
Then just your name on the back.

IDK :) I'm no help, sorry!

That's an idea. I'll do some photoshopping fun and see how that looks.

Jake

Added a bunch of options.

It doesn't matter what VistaPrint's editing options are. Get the image the way you want it, upload the image (I recommend TIF), and they print from the image itself. No need to edit anything on their site at all. That's how I did mine there and they worked out great.

It doesn't matter what VistaPrint's editing options are. Get the image the way you want it, upload the image (I recommend TIF), and they print from the image itself. No need to edit anything on their site at all. That's how I did mine there and they worked out great.

I did that with this one, which is my favorite:
e9y5ahyq.jpg

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1 is good, and #4 is my favorite. I think you should add the rest of your text on the back of 4 though. At least your email. Just your name looks weird, your name isn't what people need in order decide if they want your services and to get in contact with you.

I agree with Scott too. VP's boxed stuff is decent, but in the end I think you'll be better off doing it yourself.

These look loads better than your first attempt man. I think any one of them would be a solid choice.

e9y5ahyq.jpg
Best way to do it in my opinion. That way you get what you want with no additional editing. Just make sure the proportions are correct so it fits the card stock properly.

VistaPrint does a good job in my opinion. Inexpensive, quick, and my cards looked exactly like the image I uploaded.

e9y5ahyq.jpg
Best way to do it in my opinion. That way you get what you want with no additional editing. Just make sure the proportions are correct so it fits the card stock properly.

VistaPrint does a good job in my opinion. Inexpensive, quick, and my cards looked exactly like the image I uploaded.

I may add "portraits - landscapes - pet portraits" too.. Not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final Option. Definitely my favorite...

Jake

Of the samples posted, I like sample #2. Except, I'd put Red Skies Photography above the symbol/line thingy and your name below and your info on the back. Both sides would be less crowded and more classical.

I really hope you swerve away from putting an actual image on your card. Like, I'm sending Reiki magic to your head to sway you away.

Most reactions

Back