Business Card Attempt #2... Thoughts?

Of the samples posted, I like sample #2. Except, I'd put Red Skies Photography above the symbol/line thingy and your name below and your info on the back. Both sides would be less crowded and more classical.

I really hope you swerve away from putting an actual image on your card. Like, I'm sending Reiki magic to your head to sway you away.

Why?

I also like the "Final" one you chose. In my opinion a business card should stand alone. It should tell who you are, what you do and how to get in touch with you in at least two ways. Both sides should tell the story with each side perhaps emphasizing different things. That version does a good job an is attractive.
I've used VistaPrint for cards and they are nice - mine are not metallic though.

I also like the "Final" one you chose. In my opinion a business card should stand alone. It should tell who you are, what you do and how to get in touch with you in at least two ways. Both sides should tell the story with each side perhaps emphasizing different things. That version does a good job an is attractive.
I've used VistaPrint for cards and they are nice - mine are not metallic though.

Thanks! I like it more and more every hour. Haha.

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My comment is not related to the design of the business card but on the information you put on it.

You have your own domain name but you are using a gmail email address. Why don't you use an email that uses YOUR domain name?

Last edited:
My comment is not related to the design of the business card but on the information you put on it.

You have your own gonna in name but you are using a gmail email address. Why don't you use an email that uses YOUR domain name?

How do you do that? My website is through squarespace?

You have your own gonna in name but you are using a gmail email address. Why don't you use an email that uses YOUR domain name?

How do you do that? My website is through squarespace?

I know squarespace does not offer that feature through them but you can do it via another email host.
http://help.squarespace.com/guides/can-i-set-up-an-email-address-with-my-squarespace-managed-domain

I use squarespace but have always registered my domain separately for several reasons. When I first started with them they did not offer free domain names and now they won't let you get one of the new .photo domain names through them.

Not a big fan of photos on a business card. So, I can't say I like any of them. I like the idea of your "logo" on the white background. Maybe reduce that and include your name and contact info. Leave the back blank....preferably white (so you can write stuff down).

I do think you need to get a "real" e-mail address. Having 'Landscape, Portrait, and Pet Portraits' is kind of a "I do anything". I would just get rid all of them.

Leave the back blank....preferably white (so you can write stuff down).

I agree leaving a back blank so that you or the person you give it to can write in it is always a nice thing on business cards.

I do think you need to get a "real" e-mail address.

I disagree using a gmail or other or other simpler email address has always screamed tacky low quality business to me. Using your own domain name foe email so so much more professional looking.

I disagree using a gmail or other or other simpler email address has always screamed tacky low quality business to me. Using your own domain name foe email so so much more professional looking.

Unless I mis-read your comment, I think gmail is unprofessional and he should use his own domain e-mail. ;)

Unless I mis-read your comment, I think gmail is unprofessional and he should use his own domain e-mail. ;)

My bad I miss read you comment your do as don't.

I'll have to figure out how to get a real email address..

I have Squarespace and you can get a google email that links to a "professional" email address. There's a few tutorials on Squarespace that tell you how to do it.

As to why I dislike the picture on the card, it's more personal preference. I've seen many of these styles, usually printed on low quality paper, and to me it says "I'm only half serious". I'm not trying to be argumentative, just offering up a different opinion. Your example #2 has a more timeless look to it. Also, since you're advertising portraits and pet portraits as well, by having a landscape image, it subconsciously tells viewers you're really only into landscape photography. Of course, another option is to have separate cards for each style of photography.

When I see a business card with a photo, I think...."I picked a photo and threw text on it and called it a business card".

Hmm... Interesting.

Most reactions

Back