Business card Ideas

I'd just like to add... for something as small as a business card you really do want to minimise font and colour usage. keep it as simple as possible.. i mean you should never use more than two fonts in a piece of artwork anyway, but the colour of your typography should reflect the picture you are including... if your text is going to be on a dark bit of the pic, take a colour from a light bit and vice versa. Try not to use any colours that don't feature on the image as most of the time it just won't go... feel free to use black or white tho as they are neutral. Font usage should be carefully thought about too.. it can make or break the artwork. It can make something look very professional or very garish. Choose a font that conveys the ideas you want to. Its a good idea to write down a few words you'd like people to think when they see your card and use that as a target.

Shark said:
nikon90s said:
(maybe he can tell up how he came up with it)

I like sharks. :D

For a bit more info, I keep saltwater aquariums, and used to have a hatchling brown nurse shark in my living room (rescued her from a pet store that was going out of biz and was going to kill her). I've been hooked on sharks ever since. :D

I almost could say you had a shark :thumbsup: good job!!

I'm going to agree with whoever said that cards shouldn't have photos on them. I think it's a little too show-offie.

card.PNG

Thats what I've been working with... I think I'm going to change the blues to greys.

:( And my website isn't up yet, either

(Sorry about the big image :? )

Here are a few that I made up with a program called Business Card Factory. It is real EZ and so you can see I put some photos that I shot as the background.

31707769.jpg

31708012.jpg

31708020.jpg

HogHunter said:
Dark Eyes,

I hope I haven't been too hard on you. I am just trying to give you the benefit of someone who has been in business for 25 years.

Good luck.

I dont mind, If I did, I would be posting this in the CRITIQUE forum. In fact, I appreciate it.

angelucapet said:
DarkEyes: As for the most recent card you put up, I am definitely going to agree with the rest. It is too busy and the red blends into the background too much. I guess to give an example of what would not be too busy would be if you used your avatar on your card. Put the dark box on a white card on say the right hand side (so it only takes up maybe half of the card) and then your contact information on the left. Or vice versa. You can also design it so that it is vertical instead of horizontal. Just an idea.

Something say, like these?
(The last two are .Gif's, so they will take a bit to load properly).
Idea.jpg
Pond.gif
Blue.gif

Most reactions

Back