Business Insurance

holga girl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,
I have been bouncing around on the forum and on the web looking for info on small business insurance for a home-based photography business and I just can't seem to find what I need.

I am NOT interested in doing an umbrella policy to my homeowners. I need to cover a total of about $17k in equipment both on and off of my business premises. I want personal and professional liability, owned and rental equipment coverage, theft, burglary, coverage for my computer, etc.

I have looked at a few companies and I am getting quotes with a staggering difference in cost ($400-900 annual). Now I know that coverage varies, but on average, what do most of you pay for similar insurance? (The high quote was from a local company that a friend of the family uses... excellent service, but man, not budget friendly.)

Also, does anyone have experience with the company that Photo.net offers for its members? Have you been happy with the coverage/service?
I am also considering Hill & Usher Insurance. Anyone have experience with them?

I am currently a member of PPA, but I can't seem to get a hold of anyone at their company for a quote. If I can't get in touch with them to give them my money... how would I ever file a claim? Thanks, but no thanks.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the replies. I really just want to get this done and over with... I'd rather be shooting/editing right now! This is the kind of stuff I dislike about having a business!

-J

From what I understand, one of the biggest benefits of PPA is their group insurance rate.

TCP&Co.
underwritten by Fireman's

mike- i can't get ahold of them, so not a good feeling.
DWS- thanks! i'll look into them.

anyone deal with the companies i listed above?

I'm also looking for business insurance, and I have looked into TCP&Co, but I just don't know much about them. Their policy looks promising, especially with their base packages under 1K for a year, depending on how you spec it. But has anyone actually used them? And that seems to be an issue with PPA that you can't get in touch with them about insurance, doesn't seem to reassuring. Holga- I too have heard of Hill & Usher Insurance just through google searches. They seem promising as well, it would be great to find some photographers who have used them.

Hi,
I got a pretty decent quote from H&U a couple of weeks ago, am probably going to go with them here shortly. My coverage is probably a little different from yours, but they beat my local guy's quote by quite a bit (sorry, tried to go local!) and their contact with me has been good so far. I also couldn't get another company to get back with me whatsoever, can't remember for sure if it was PPA or not.

yeah, I am leaning towards H&U. i'd love to hear from someone who has used them

based on h&U's site it seems like they have thought of everything. I just filled out a request for a quote, and they called me within 10 minutes to see if I had any questions and to let me know when they will provide me with a price. Sounds promising!

Hi,
I got a pretty decent quote from H&U a couple of weeks ago, am probably going to go with them here shortly. My coverage is probably a little different from yours, but they beat my local guy's quote by quite a bit (sorry, tried to go local!) and their contact with me has been good so far. I also couldn't get another company to get back with me whatsoever, can't remember for sure if it was PPA or not.

Any new news on whether or not you went with H&U, I got a quote from them which seems pretty reasonable and I think im gonna go with them. Let me know how you made out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back