Busted!!!!

It is amazing how we all draw our own conclusions on what he did wrong? I took the shot and I do not have a clue why he is in trouble..... But the only phrase on this thread that I took personal offense to is "Walmart has the money to fix what I destroy"...or something like that?

I am a business owner of several corperations.... Why would I (we, Walmart) be responsible for your damage to our property?... It should be against the law to destroy/damage someone else's property...and maybe that is why the mom is upset? she now has to pay for his damage to someone else's property???

I find it funny how some of these threads progressively turn into socio philosophical debates.

I find it funny how some of these threads progressively turn into socio philosophical debates.
Me too. Watch this...

what do you suggest i do?

Oh, by all means, break the law and do what ever the **** you wanna do. :twak:

It's not like the laws should apply to YOU because dammit, you live in an apartment and you should be treated differently some how.

What are you, like 8?

Seriously?

and if i do hurt my self i accept that it was my fault and no one else's
It's not just about YOU getting hurt. If you're under 18 your parents are the ones that will be suing, not you. If you're over 18, you really need to grow up and act it. Breaking the law because you haven't found a way to skate legally is not how adults act. Duh.

What if you hit a kid walking by, or land on a stroller, or your board flies out and hits someone in the head. You going to pay for that too?

What about the damage you do to the property? Do you come back and patch up the gouges in the equipment you play on? Do you come back and clean up your scuff marks you leave on curbs, walls, benches, tables, etc etc etc?

and while i may damage property, i'm sure walmart has the money to fix a little ding in the ledge that i put there.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

You're part of the problem, not part of the solution. You SHOULD have a place to ride, absolutely. If for nothing else just to help reduce the damage you do to other people's property. Just do it legally.

Don't take it upon yourself to decide you can **** up other people's property just because you live in an apartment and can't put up a ramp in the hallway. Instead, talk to the landlord and ask for a corner of a parking lot or something. Sign releases of liability. Wear safety gear. Keep the place nice. Don't be a punk.

I'm all about you having a place to ride. I go through the same crap trying to get places to ride ATVs. But I damn sure don't ride where I'm not allowed to. That's stupid because it shows everyone I don't give a crap so they will only fight harder against me. Just like someone like me who would otherwise be your ally; your ef'd up attitude puts me squarely against you.

When you act like that, you don't deserve a place to ride.

Sorry mods if this is too personal. People need to know how their attitude affects their cause, that's all. I'll edit if you want.

Me too. Watch this...

what do you suggest i do?

It's not like the laws should apply to YOU because dammit, you live in an apartment and you should be treated differently some how.

What are you, like 8?

Seriously?

It's not just about YOU getting hurt. If you're under 18 your parents are the ones that will be suing, not you. If you're over 18, you really need to grow up and act it. Breaking the law because you haven't found a way to skate legally is not how adults act. Duh.

What if you hit a kid walking by, or land on a stroller, or your board flies out and hits someone in the head. You going to pay for that too?

What about the damage you do to the property? Do you come back and patch up the gouges in the equipment you play on? Do you come back and clean up your scuff marks you leave on curbs, walls, benches, tables, etc etc etc?

and while i may damage property, i'm sure walmart has the money to fix a little ding in the ledge that i put there.
Yeah, that's what I thought.

You're part of the problem, not part of the solution. You SHOULD have a place to ride, absolutely. If for nothing else just to help reduce the damage you do to other people's property. Just do it legally.

Don't take it upon yourself to decide you can **** up other people's property just because you live in an apartment and can't put up a ramp in the hallway. Instead, talk to the landlord and ask for a corner of a parking lot or something. Sign releases of liability. Wear safety gear. Keep the place nice. Don't be a punk.

I'm all about you having a place to ride. I go through the same crap trying to get places to ride ATVs. But I damn sure don't ride where I'm not allowed to. That's stupid because it shows everyone I don't give a crap so they will only fight harder against me. Just like someone like me who would otherwise be your ally; your ef'd up attitude puts me squarely against you.

When you act like that, you don't deserve a place to ride.

Sorry mods if this is too personal. People need to know how their attitude affects their cause, that's all. I'll edit if you want.
+1

for real tho are you like 90?

i bike and skate, and i bike down stairs and banks all the time in town,

you say to stay on our own property or in the parks???

i live in an apartment building, i'm not about to set ramps up in the hallway. and my town has no skateparks, otherwise i would gladly be there.

what do you suggest i do? give up a sport that i love and use to keep my sanity in this ****ed up world? get real,

when i do go out on the street to ride, i have always been respectful of people around me, and while i may damage property, i'm sure walmart has the money to fix a little ding in the ledge that i put there.

No, I am not 90, and I am NOT against skateboarders, or bikes, or inline skates, or even younguns...

What I am against is those who do whatever they want to do with no regards for other peoples safety and /or property.

Just because you live in an apartment does not give you the right to trespass and do unsafe and often illegal activities on other people's property without their permission.

All here would agree that you have as many rights as anyone else, until your actions violate someone else's health or safety, or their rights...

Don't give up the sport you say you love, just do it legally and safely. Do you always wear safety gear when you go out?

Whether Wal-Mart or any other corporation has any money or not is not any of your concern - you DO NOT have the right to damage any one else's property without being expected to be held fully accountable for it and what you do. Thinking that is extremely immature.

And if you are underage (bet you are) you don't even HAVE the legal right to "accept that it was my fault and no one else's" Your parents are legally responsible for you and your actions until you are of legal age. The store can not be held not liable just because you say so.

If you do something responsibly and legally, people here, including me, would be on your side, and be willing to defend your right to be doing it.

Be safe, and smart and maybe YOU will live to be 90.

Let me just say, I don't skateboard or bike, or anything else that anyone's been chatting about, but here's my views on some statement made so far:

What are you, like 8?
Seriously?

It's good to see that amongst such violent and chaotic times, that at least there's one person to stand up and respect every single law. We have you to show us what being a true law abiding citizen means, because you break no laws! And look down upon all others who do, but you at least give them advice such as this to help bring them up to your standards! Oh, thank you! :mrgreen:

At least, after reading your post it seems like you're that respectful of all laws...

Breaking the law because you haven't found a way to skate legally is not how adults act. Duh.

So as an adult, you do every single thing you do legally? You break no laws, right? Since you're preaching about acting as an adult, I hope you're not being a hypocrite.

Have you ever heard of these things happening? My brother has skateboarded for about 16 years or so, and is now a professional filmer, and I've never heard of the skateboarder being the one to hurt random people walking by.

Do you go back and polish the floors you walk upon? Do you go back and clean up any litter you leave behind? Do you sterilize everything you touch when you're feeling sick? etc etc etc? Really, you've never caused harm to anyone else or their property?

Ah, once again, thank you for abiding by all laws!

So everyone who breaks a law or doesn't keep a place nice is a punk now too? :meh: But it's good to hear that you always ask for permission to do things, and even go as far as to sign releases of liability? Wow, that's quite impressive of you! Not many people would go to those extremes, but then again, we're not talking about any normal person here are we? Not with you!

And your attitude has been the epitemy of high class respectableness?

Comparing an ATV and a skateboard is pretty unbalanced wouldn't you think? Seeing that an ATV can go off road, there's much more opportunity to find a place that won't offend people, but with a skateboard you're kind of limited to surfaces you can be on, right? So, if there's no skateparks around, and you live in an apartment, or somewhere else with little pavement, where do you suggest they go? You say find a way to do it legally, but I noticed you never tried giving a solution to that problem. So, since you seem to be very wise, what is your solution to the problem?

Just because you live in an apartment does not give you the right to trespass and do unsafe and often illegal activities on other people's property without their permission.

Who said anything about trespassing? Or are you referring to going to a public place? Because wouldn't that make everyone there a trespasser...? Or are you just automatically thinking that doing such a thing as skateboarding would make someone do something like trespassing? Quite prejudice of you if that's the case.

All here would agree that you have as many rights as anyone else, until your actions violate someone else's health or safety, or their rights...

How is anyone's health, safety, or rights violated by someone riding a skateboard? How is riding a skateboard endangering anyone any more than a person driving a car, as long as both those people are being safe and aware of their surroundings?

Don't give up the sport you say you love, just do it legally and safely. Do you always wear safety gear when you go out?

Do you always follow the exact safety measures suggested when doing everything you do? Do you always follow all laws to make sure everything you're doing is legal? If not, this statement would be pretty hypocritical...

If you do something responsibly and legally, people here, including me, would be on your side, and be willing to defend your right to be doing it.

Once again, here's someone who does everything legally! It's so good to read about people like you, the people who are always so respectful of all laws and everyone around them! Tell me, you've never broken a law, have you!? That's amazing! :thumbup:

Be safe, and smart and maybe YOU will live to be 90.

This one almost brought a tear to my eye. Not only a strict law abiding citizen, but also such a compassionate person as well! Bravo!

So as an adult, you do every single thing you do legally?

Absolutely when it comes to destroying/damaging other people's ****. Without question when it comes to screwing around with other people's safety. (See below)

Have you ever heard of these things happening?

Absolutely. I used those three examples because they are the most extreme I've seen. It's not just about some punk breaking the law and purposefully destroying someone else's property, it's also about putting other's in danger.

Do you go back and polish the floors you walk upon? Do you go back and clean up any litter you leave behind? Do you sterilize everything you touch when you're feeling sick? etc etc etc? Really, you've never caused harm to anyone else or their property?
Destroy someone's stuff on purpose? Not since I was a kid. And I grew out of it quickly (15ish).

And you're showing your ignorance by reaching for things like polishing the floors and sterilizing things. What this kid's doing is completely different. Do you even understand that?

Yeah, I do clean up my litter. And I teach my kids to be respectful and responsible as well.

Ah, once again, thank you for abiding by all laws!
Looks like someone's got to stick up for the laws that affect others, cuz you obviously don't give a crap about it.

So everyone who breaks a law or doesn't keep a place nice is a punk now too?
No, only the ones who destroy other people's property with no remorse, no regret, no responsibility and no clue.

Your questions are getting rhetorical... :lmao:

Last edited:
Me too. Watch this...[
That was honestly one of the funniest things I've read, I literally loled!

Me too. Watch this...[
That was honestly one of the funniest things I've read, I literally loled!

Thanks. I loled when I previewed it. :mrgreen:

Did you laugh out louded or laughed out loud?

I think it should be l'ed ol :)

Just overthinking at 1 am!

Great shot nontheless. What if he had a camera with him. Would we go on to 5 pages on how he was probably being a peeping Tom on the hot High School girl next door. What if he was holding a baseball? Would we just assume he was coming home from a nice neighborhood game with friend or the more likely route of making it 10 pages of how hoodilooms run around with bats and gang bang cars and run?

~Michael~

My arguments had nothing to do with me, they were directly focused on you and your points of views on things. I don't have a problem with laws, I just know that I, along with every single other person, break laws, whether intentional or not. I was being sarcastic alot, but that was just to help prove my point, which is that everyone breaks laws... You're point was that what these people are doing is illegal, but isn't that hypocritical for anyone to say? It's not like what skateboarding is is really a dangerous thing, or that it promotes violence or something, so I don't see why you're so mad about it.

As for it being dangerous to others, can you tell me how many people are injured each year by people skateboarding? And I don't mean actual skateboarders, I mean people walking by like you gave as examples. Then, can you give me a number for how many people are injured each year by automobiles? Should people not be aloud to drive cars now because they can injure people and damage property? I personally feel it's the individual that brings about such things, it's not like all skateboarders are punks and it's not that all drivers are punks. It depends on the person, and as long as that person is aware of their surroundings and is being safe, they probably won't harm anyone else.

Anyway, my point was to show that it's hypocritical to call out the legality of skateboarding, when pretty much ever single person breaks laws. You break laws don't you? So what gives you the right to go around and preach to others that what they're doing is wrong and "illegal"? Especially if you have no personal experience with skateboarding and the law, what makes you think you have any real idea of whats going on in the world of skateboarding and what views the police have on it? Don't try to be an authority over something that you don't have much knowledge about.

And about my arguments being rhetorical, you mean they were meant to prove a point and not really be answered? In that case, yes and no, they were most definitely put out there to make a point, but I also was hoping you'd answer all of them. So I don't see how that's humorous at all? But ok... I did notice however that even though you continue arguing about that skateboarding is illegal, you still managed to avoid giving a solution to skateboarders. If you have such a problem with skateboarding and that it's illegal in public places, what do you suggest someone do if they don't have a skatepark nearby, and they don't have space to skateboard where they live? What should they do? Since you have such a problem with it, give us a solution.

Righteous Bucks and others are totally correct, they seem to know it all (just ask them), so I will defer to them and stop replying to this line of discussion after this post. I just don't understand this reasoning, so, from now, if you want to know the proper way to act, just ask one of them, not me.

Never did say that I understood this generation and their lack of manners, lack of respect for others, and other missing simple common courtesies towards other people.

But I am still totally against activities of the careless few who put others in danger because of their recklessness.

I never said these kind of things where people get hurt happen frequently, but it does happen. Who do we place responsibility on when it does, the victims?

Maybe doing an illegal activity on someone else's private property like a Wal-Mart, without their permission is not trespassing, so again, I must be in error on this point too.

I personally know of someone who was hurt by an inline skater. They were in a public place, minding their own business, sitting on a bench out in the sun, when an inline skater jumped off a wall, right smack into the back of this person's head.

Now that person is a paraplegic with a broken neck, hooked to Oxygen, in a wheelchair, for the rest of their life.

But I guess the skater had a perfect right to be there, doing what he was doing because he wanted to be there.

And of course, the property owner was liable and responsible, and that is okay, because the skater wanted to be there. And the property owner has the money...

I know someone else whose child lost their life in an accident caused by streetracers, but the streetracers had a right to be there, doing whatever, because they wanted to.

...now I get it...

Nobody obeys all laws all the time (when did I ever say that, huh????), but anyone who breaks them, intentionally putting others in harms way, acting in a careless manner, deserves to be dealt with, and held responsible for their actions. Unless they wanted to be there...

Being a former paramedic, you would be surprised how many people I have seen who got hurt as a result of careless, stupid, thoughtless accidents.

Enough of this line of thought, I'm out.

Last edited:
There is an old saying that "When momma ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy"

Maybe the cop was just the father of the kid, got out of the way, let momma handle it...

Anyway, my point was to show that it's hypocritical to call out the legality of skateboarding, when pretty much ever single person breaks laws.
Alright... let's take this and compare this this to Dexter, the show about a serial murderer.
Anyway, my point was to show that it's hypocritical to call out the legality of skateboarding, when pretty much ever single person breaks laws. You break laws don't you? So what gives you the right to go around and preach to others that what they're doing is wrong and "illegal"? Especially if you have no personal experience with skateboarding and the law, what makes you think you have any real idea of whats going on in the world of skateboarding and what views the police have on it? Don't try to be an authority over something that you don't have much knowledge about.

Hmm, so I would assume that because I have no personal experience with serial murder and the law that I should not comment as to whether or not what I think they are doing is wrong?

I should also not assume that the police have anything wrong with it, because Dexter is only killing the bad guys... so what he does must be ok right?

I have no idea what goes on in the mind of a serial murderer, so because he has to do this, I have to be ok with it? even though it means that he is killing another human being?

If you have such a problem with skateboarding and that it's illegal in public places, what do you suggest someone do if they don't have a skatepark nearby, and they don't have space to skateboard where they live? What should they do? Since you have such a problem with it, give us a solution.

Hmm, well, here is Dexter again. He has to kill, right? the only problem is that killing is illegal, but oh wait there's no where that he can go to kill another human. I suppose he could go hunting, but he lives in a huge city and can't go that far out of the way? what should he do?

Oh, well, according to your stance he should just take up shop in the city and do his work there.

And please don't make the argument that he's actually doing good by killing only the bad guys... because the problem then there is the sticky mess of what happens when others have to do it, but don't have his code... shouldn't it be ok then?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back