buy or sell, what should i do?...

eydryan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.eydryan.blogspot.com
well, here's the thing. I currently own a Sony DSC-W1 digital compact and an EOS300V 35mm camera with the standard 35-80mm f/4-5.6 lens. however, i need to buy a film scanner for my eos because the cost of scanning them just is too damned high.

now here's the thing, should i invest my money in a film scanner (and hopefully also make some money out of it) or should i sell both my cameras and pile the money for the scanner too and get a 350D ?

and also, should i keep the lens from the 300v?or sell that too (the 350D can come with 18-55mm lens).

eydryan said:
well, here's the thing. I currently own a Sony DSC-W1 digital compact and an EOS300V 35mm camera with the standard 35-80mm f/4-5.6 lens. however, i need to buy a film scanner for my eos because the cost of scanning them just is too damned high.

now here's the thing, should i invest my money in a film scanner (and hopefully also make some money out of it) or should i sell both my cameras and pile the money for the scanner too and get a 350D ?

and also, should i keep the lens from the 300v?or sell that too (the 350D can come with 18-55mm lens).

Buna eydryan,

I would sell both and get the 350D. Logistically speaking that makes the most sense, since you're going to digitize your film pics anyway. :mrgreen:

Good luck.

good morning :D

that does make sense, yeah. but what do you think about the lens. should i keep it or should it go too? i'm not too fond of that 18-55 the 350D offers... but then again i might get smth good for my lens...

oh, and btw, not getting th scanner means an additional cost for the scanning of about 20films at least. how does that come into play?...

If i were you i would buy the scanner, for some reason (at this point in my life) i mutch prefer to shoot film rather than digital. And from the research i have done you can find a good used film scanner pretty cheap.

What type of scanner are you thinking of getting?

nice scanner, but like you said, the price of film will get you. i'd suggest selling your stuff and getting the 350d. if you dont mind primes, the 50 1.8 is a great alternative to the kit lens. there are great zooms that can take the place of the kit lens too, but those are of course a little more expensive.

hmm, and should i drop the 350d lens from the package? it'll cost less. or should i just buy it with lens and maybe use it or if not sell it off and maybe get some of my money back...

so, people's choice is the 350D, right?

also, do you have any idea how much i could get for my hardware?
it would be:
- Canon 300V body
- Sony DSC-W1 digital camcorder with 512Mb + 32Mb card and carrying thing :D

and do you think 1000$ is a good price for a 350D with lens?

In Euro, the cheapest offer I have seen so far of the 350D kit was € 889.- and I think that is about U$ 1.000,-. The camera body alone can be had for some € 690,-. That is quite a difference and I am not sure the kit lens is actually worth the € 200,-!

here it used to be 42000000ROL or now 4200RON and that's about 1500$. now i found this guy who sells them for around 2500RON which is quite a serious improvement and that is around 900$ (850$ more exactly) without lens. and where did u find that 700€ one? i know that ebay germany is closest and i know a bit of german in order to amke the deal but i dunno if i should bother really with ebay...

Sorry, don't know where my husband came about the camera body price only. All I can now find in the internet is the kit ... latest price is € 867.- now.
I'm not sure if I would buy through Ebay when the sellers are as far away as Germany from you! If you pay and never get your purchase, you can do only very, very little...!!!

um, ok... :D i have found a distributor in romania which delivered my canon to carrefour and then i bought it from there but i can't seem to reach them on the phone number and i doubt they distribute to only one person:D

and yeah ebay is quite disturbing for me too, i dunno what i'll do...

well i finally tracked down the canon distributors for romania, and they made me an offer for 950$ that is around 814€ lens included. and i think that sounds good, right? now, what should i do to sell off my other stuff? do you think ebay germany will get me any buyers for my stuff?

Most reactions

Back