buying a quality tripod!

dukeboy1977

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm going to buy myself a quality tripod tomorrow for my Nikon D40, I'm going to buy a Manfrotto! According to their online site, the store by me has it in stock! I've never seen them there but never looked either...so I hope all goes well and I won't have to order it. Once I get a nicer tripod, I'm going to start using my camera more to learn all the features I'm not very familiar with yet, like the manual modes and RAW so I can have more control over my photos. Wish me luck plz! lol

I've done some reading here over the course of time I've been here, and it seems as though my D40 has gotten good reviews as far as its features, so I guess I chose well when I got it, before I knew ANYTHING about it! lol

Good choice. Hard to go wrong with Manfrotto gear; I've got several. Which legs and what head are you getting?

Anything by Manfrotto is of good quality. The D40 is also a very good starter camera so you should be off to a real good start. I look forward to seeing some pics

Good choice. Hard to go wrong with Manfrotto gear; I've got several. Which legs and what head are you getting?

Well, to be honest I only have a limited amount of cash due to having 2 kids on top of my other bills, so I got what I could afford. I bought a Manfrotto 7301YB-BB. I'm very surprised at how sturdy this thing is, I'm impressed! When I get a better camera and such, I'm definitely going to buy a higher-end MANFROTTO tripod! I'm the type who sticks to what he knows, I don't like to jump around from maker to maker, and I really like this one so I'm now a Manfrotto guy! lol

Manfrotto makes some good stuff. I just got myself a new ball-head (486rc2) and though it's missing one or two things, I couldn't go wrong with the price I got it for and it's as sturdy as it gets.

Anything by Manfrotto is of good quality. The D40 is also a very good starter camera so you should be off to a real good start. I look forward to seeing some pics

I'm having a hard time finding any time for photos, so it may be a little while. Anyone ever try taking pics with a 13 month old and a 2 week old baby, let alone having to work for a living? lol It's not easy!

The 2 week old is a piece of cake, since all they do is sleep, and eat. Plus, they are highly maleable and you can pose them just about anyway you want.

A recently fed 2-week old, is the easiest subject you'll ever shoot. :lmao:

Most reactions

Back