Buying Bulk film

Soloris

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I need help finding a site on the internet that carries Ilford film in bulk. If anyone has any suggestion I'll be glad to hear them. 8)

Thank for the suggestions. 8) By any chance does anyone know of a site called auto somthing that sells film?

This is somehwat on topic, but I was wondewring how many frames there generally are per foot in fulk film. (esp wondering about frames/ 100 ft)

I was told you can get about 18 rolls of 36 frames from a 100' roll. that is $1.40 a roll for 36 exposures. Another advantage to bulk loading is you can load a few frames if you don't want to shoot a whole roll of a subject. You lose a little bit due to allowing for the film head to load into your cam.

a friend of mine is starting a class, and I was just wondering if it would be much cheaper to buy the film in bulk or not. Filmwise it definitly is, but w/ a loader I dont know.

A new loader is $30, a used one even cheaper.

It can depend a little on frame spacing of your particular camera, but I get 8 35mm frames to a foot of film. If I'm very careful about loading I can get about 30 rolls of 24 exposures out of 100' of film. If I'm sloppy it's more like 27 rolls.

This thread reminds me that I've been wanting to ask about the bulk loader I got in an ebay lot. I want to test it prior to putting 100' of film in it, in case it is too old and is no longer light tight. So I thought I could cut a piece of photo paper and put into it, then leave it sitting around for a couple days, then develop and see if it fogged at all. Would that work? Thoughts or other suggestions?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back