Buying Canon 5d at the airport in the US

magdabis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello
Does anyone know how much I am likely to pay for Canon 5d mark II (body only) in a duty free shop at an airport in the US?

Thank you
Magda

Probably the normal retail price that you'd pay for it, but without tax. That, or because it's at an airport, the price might be jacked-up to gods know what. o_O

There are better places to buy ANYTHING than any duty-free store. The prices in those places are laughable!

BTW, duty free means you do not pay DUTY... you *still* have to pay whatever the local taxes are, at least in Canada and the US, as far as I know.

Yes Jerry. Technically, a person still need to pay tax. It is that the seller will not collect the tax from you. (At least in U.S.) (Same thing as the online orders)

As for the cost of the equipment, I will expect a higher cost

If you're bringing a camera back to Canada, there's no need to buy it at a duty free shop... Cameras are not subejct to duties when entering into Canada.

If you're bringing a camera back to Canada, there's no need to buy it at a duty free shop... Cameras are not subejct to duties when entering into Canada.

... as long as it is made in the US or Canada. That is what they told me at the border. ;)

I did not have to pay duty on my studio head, becuase it was made in Illinois. Of course, I had to PROVE it was manufactured there. No duty, just local taxes.

Most reactions

Back