buying IMPORTED lenses from B&H

DScience

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

So I wanted to order a lens from B&H which is an 'imported' lens. I wanted to know if anyone sees any issues with ordering this type of lens. It's a Nikon, and I don't care about lack of manufacturer warranty or anything. Just as far as quality control and what not, is it legit?

Thanks!

The "imported" lenses would be ones that are not directly purchased through Nikon USA ... grey market

Nikon USA would not recognize the Warranty.

It would be built by Nikon ... no one else would make an exact copy.

The "imported" lenses would be ones that are not directly purchased through Nikon USA ... grey market

Nikon USA would not recognize the Warranty.

It would be built by Nikon ... no one else would make an exact copy.

Thanks, but I am aware of this already.

I was aiming towards responses of personal experience, and or justified opinions about it this particular type of purchase.

Have you purchased an imported lens online before? Is the box and all of it's contents exactly the same? This is really what I am curious about.

Funny you ask ... as I am in Canada, most of our Grey Market equipment is stuff imported from the USA. So in our case the box may look different (most manufacturers use different marketing/packaging in different countries) and the printed material all reference Nikon USA.

Sorry, I have not had experience with purchasing grey market items from any US retailers like B+H.

Funny you ask ... as I am in Canada, most of our Grey Market equipment is stuff imported from the USA. So in our case the box may look different (most manufacturers use different marketing/packaging in different countries) and the printed material all reference Nikon USA.

Sorry, I have not had experience with purchasing grey market items from any US retailers like B+H.

LOL that's funny! :lol:

I would be even more funny if my imported lens came from Canada! lol

Anyway, that's good enough for me. I'm going to order it! :O)

It's the same item. If you don't care about the warranty, then there is no other difference so you might as well save some $$.

Am I totally wrong in saying that gray market means only that B&H will not honor the warranty but Nikon will indeed? Seems that was at least how it used to be, correct?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back