BW Film

danalec99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Which is the most preferred BW film and Why?

i like the ilford delta series or pan f...the pan f is iso 50....mmmm

md

for ISO100 which one is good?

i like the ilford delta series or pan f...the pan f is iso 50....mmmm

i agree, i like ilford too :) and delta series is my fav...

sometimes i use also 3200delta - it works very good - even forced to 6400..
- for me - it works much better than kodak tmax 3200

My favorite ISO 100 BW film is Tmax 100, but I also use Arista Pro 125 (repackaged Ilford FP4), because it's about half the price, and also a darn good film.

My favorite ISO 400 BW film is Arista Pro 400 (repackaged Ilford HP5). Although I am experimenting with Tri-X developed in Diafine, which is supposed to knock the speed up to ISO 1000 or 1250.

Cool, thanks everyone for the leads.

Do they carry Tmax100 at CVS??

Another cool thing about Tmax 100 is that for exposures longer than 1 sec it's actually one of the fastest BW films available. I love it for long exposure night photography.

Is it widely available?

Sure, it's Kodak. It might not be at the corner grocery store, but anyplace that carries at least several BW films would have it. Lot's of mail order plcaes have it.

Cool..... thanks ksmattfish!

Havoc said:
Yeah tmax is good film, but shoot it at ISO 64 or even 50 to get enough contrast.

Contrast is what I'm looking for.

But I clearly do not get what you said about 'shoot it at 64 or 50'. Did you mean to get the ISO 64 TMax Film or the ISO 50 TMax Film?

He meant to manually change the ISO setting on your camera to 50 or 64 when shooting TMax 100.

The slight overexposure brings out more contrast.

If you really want high contrast, order a roll of Kodak Technical Pan and rate it at ISO 25.
The only drawbhack with this is that many developers can't handle TechPan. The contrast is extreme, tho, or at least it has been in my experience.

Oh ok.

And the developer would be places like Walmart or Costco?

The developer would be D-76, Microdol, ID-11, Xtol, Perceptol, Diafine, Sprint, etc... :D Just kiddin'

Most reactions

New Topics

Back