Bye, Bye Chrome

We have to use Chrome at work for the time keeping systems.
The people here in the higher levels I think are on the Google take it in side because of "incentives" from Google that allows them to do certain things.

Those incentives are hard to ignore in cash strapped budgets.
So were stuck.

I used Chrome for many years but for the last 12 months, I have been using Edge..

The people here in the higher levels I think are on the Google take it in side because of "incentives" from Google that allows them to do certain things.

So were stuck.

They maybe exempt. The article says enterprise users won't be affected

So were stuck.

They maybe exempt. The article says enterprise users won't be affectec6
County Gov.

and yes were Enterprise because the commish was given an incentive to use it.

@gk fotografie interesting on the alternate browsers. DW and I use several if the Google apps that synch between us, so the ability to cut all ties is limited. The most recent changes to MS Edge are starting to make it more attractive.

A side note on the search engines, I use Google predominately and Mcafee security. If you turn on Mcafee safe browsing it switches your preferred search engine to Yahoo. Went round and round with Mcafee support over it. Only solution is to turn off the safe browsing.

I used Chrome for many years but for the last 12 months, I have been using Edge..
I too am very pleased with Edge. I am retired, and only use my PC at home.

I too am very pleased with Edge. I am retired, and only use my PC at home.

I quit using edge and chrome as a browser when I started having problems with how they rendered colors. The images in the browsers weren't matching what I saw in Lr. Switched to Firefox no problems.

I've been using Firefox for years. Was using AdBlock Plus, but switched to uBlock about a year ago.

Sits reads and scratches head.... still using the std windows web browser on pc and what ever the I pad uses
Never knew there were so many options

I have about had it with Google, and on my Android phone I got rid of all the Google garbage that was loaded on it. On my iPhone,I do not use anything from Google. To me it seems like Google is trying to insert itself into places where it does not belong.

@Derrel Unfortunately it seems like all of the tech companies are following that model. I just went through my relatively new laptop deleating all the bloatware.

Last edited:
Get use to it. The current Fed. Gov. "crackdown" on Gggle is smoke and mirrors.

They keep ASKING for US gov. control and breakup.

Why would that be? Unless they benefit somehow.

Most reactions

Back