C and C on selective coloring please.

sunlou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello there I am atmaking first tries with selective coloring. please tell me what you think...

GolfAdanimal-114.jpg

GolfAdanimal-21.jpg

thanks guys

first one tehre is a little blue in the trees... i should fix that...

Meh.

I'm not a fan of selective colouring. The few times that I have seen it well done is when it is used to augment the main element of the picture. Not just for something random.

So personally, I don't like the selective colouring in these pictures as it adds nothing to the image.

Other CC
#1 I find the guy is too far in the corner of the image to be easily noticable. Took me a while to find him.

#2 seems a bit dark both int he tree line and in the guy's arm shadow

In the first pic, I had a hard time finding the guy in the blue shirt. Not a great image for selective coloring as the subject you chose for selective coloring is so far on the right it takes people a while to find him.

Shot 2 looked like when they played golf on the moon :)

I thought it was cool when I first discovered it, then I soon realized it's kind of boring and over used. Very-very few pictures really benefit from it. These pics don't look like you shot them intending them to be selective color images, they look like you were poking around in your library of images just trying something - anything - to use the technique on.

As far as your first attempt of selective colouring goes, you have done a great job on it - However, as far as the photographics of it all goes... Well, it probably wasn't the best choice of photo to post, it's just not the sort of photo that benefits from selective colouring.

Most reactions

Back