Status
Not open for further replies.

Copey7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

I just wrote an incredibly witty and interesting post, which has disappeared!! :grumpy:

Please can you tell me what you think of my photos. I've recently lost my job due to the recession and for the first time since starting work at 16, I am unemployed. After applying for every job out there, I am either too qualified, or not qualified enough - I would love to start up professionally in photography, but I know its not that easy.

Im considering using some of my savings to take the plunge and buy my dream camera, the Canon 5D mkii (I bought this 6 months ago but after buyers remorse and a sleepless night, took it back to the shop, unopened) but it is such a big purchase and I have a lot more to spend my money on. Although I have just sold my car for some extra funds. Becoming a photographer and having a career in it has been a dream of mine for a long time .... would be good to use the time i have now on developing my skills, then maybe getting a part time job so I can continue in photography:wink:

Please do let me know what you think of a selection of my pics below and if i have a good eye, etc etc? Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

Advice would be most appreciated, many thanks.

Taken with my first SLR - 4 years ago (Sony A200 - kit lens)

A borrowed 5D mkii :heart: with 50mm 1.4

Taken with a 60d

Again, 60D , 50mm - 1.4 lens

The above was taken on my G12 last Christmas - the only camera I own now, unless I take the plunge!

Any advice, most grateful.

Thank you :thumbup:

First off let me take a moment to welcome you to the forums and I hope that you have a good time here :)

Beyond the Basics isn't a subsection for critique - however upon reading the thread it sounds like you're mixing two different posts - one asking for critique on your work and the other inquiring about your potential at making it into the business side of photography - two very different subjects.

Since this thread is in the wrong place and is somewhat straddling two different topics I can't simply move it into one or the other. Therefore I'm going to lock this, but fully invite to make threads asking for C&C on your work; we've both a beginners section for this and subject specific galleries where you can also post similar requests:
Photography Beginners' Forum & Photo Gallery
Photo Galleries

The other side of your question on approaching the business side is more appropriatly asked separatly and in this section here
General Shop Talk

I will also encourage you to use the sites search feature and also read the section I just linked; this question of entering the professional world whilst regular work isn't forth coming is very very common these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back