What's new

C&C - A couple of Cityscapes. Just starting out with photography!

Diplomaat

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 7, 2011
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
Panama, Panama
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

I'd appreciate your feedback on these images. I realize in #2 I have some blown white on the lower right corner. I need to learn how to edit that in photoshop, I would like to keep the crop to maintain the circular building.

No need to be gentle, even if its my first work, I am here to learn!

BTW, for background information, I've been doing reading both here and other forums, as well as books on photography. However, I am still in the early stages of learning. If everything goes well, I will be taking classes on composition, lighting, exposure and technique this coming may, and I have "Understanding Exposure" on order from Amazon.

Thanks!

Diplomaat

#1
5531794059_957e4567d7.jpg


#2
5532401330_75919bdc6b.jpg
 
Last edited:
#1 looks like a snowflake on a white sheet of paper in the sun.
#2 looks pretty much like #1.

That, or you forgot to post the pix.
 
Yeah, just realized that... I followed the steps, so I am going to use the long url to see if that fixes the problem.
 
You're posting the URL to your entire Flickr page, not the URL for the individual images.

When you're putting that URL between the IMAGE tags, it doesn't have an actual image to post, so nothing shows up.

The URL should end with the image type, such as .JPG or .GIF.
 
Really? Interesting... I went to Flickr, and at the picture, I clicked on share this, then on "Grab link", copied the url and used that with the tags. How should I do it?

/EDIT

Fixed... Found the actual link in the code. Thanks Sparky!
 
Last edited:
Both have a 'subject' problem. The first one more so. I don't know if the trees are the subject, and the building just happens to be the background, or the building is the subject and it just happens to be surrounded by trees. It's an issue with a lot of structures surrounded by trees.... great to look at and wonder around, but terrible for photography. Not that I expect you to pull a Stihl out of your camera bag and lop the trees down!

I also noticed your flash fired. All it did is cause the signs and vehicles to reflect very bright light back into the image. Set the camera to No Flash.
 
I did find it distracting, just did not realize WHY that was. I had been drawn at first to the diagonals of the palms framing the building, but I think the picture may have come across to busy.

Flash-wise, I definitely need to learn when to use it and when not to.
 
Just wondering... Considering what drew me to the picture, what would have been a good way to approach it? A closer crop from another angle? Playing with the DOF so the building was sharp but the framing palms were OOF?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom