Nikon_Dude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4223977928_1653fa6f95_b.jpg

4223213253_f1ba8ec052_b.jpg

4223976516_25e8cfed1e_b.jpg

I have a few observations myself, but want to know what you guys think as well. On the 1 I think I messed up the focus, and should have either been focused in on the dog or used a deeper depth of field to have the whole shot in focus. What do you guys think of the lighting, exposure etc? Anything I should have done differently?

On 2 I think they should have been sitting closer together and my dad's hand on the dog's neck is a little distracting.

In the last shot the only thing that really bugs me is the sunlight reflecting of the side of his head. Anything I can do to fix that?

Beautiful dogs... and clear crisp pics..

Okay, well starting with Number 1, you are right about the focusing error, this may have been a result of not enough light and a lower shutter speed. Remember that when you are anticipating action and are in lower light, you should raise your iso to the highest acceptable level to keep the shutter speed up. My BIGGEST critique of this photo is that the perspective isn't interesting. Think of it like this, that is exactly what I would see if I were standing there. I've seen this type of scene many times from this perspective... Now... if you had gotten down low and closer, and aimed the camera upward, that would be a perspective from which most people have never seen a dog grab a treat, thereby making it much more interesting. Here is an example. I shot this at the Ren Fair last year. If it were straight on, it would just be another photo of a fire breather, but because its from below, it adds character, as well as makes his pose more dramatic
6608_1110286510027_1012773411_30303.jpg

#2, exposure and focus are good. The background is a bit distracting, and I would say you could have gotten alittle closer, or cropped it in tighter.

#3 This is the best of the set, clearly in focus and exposure is good. The dog has a great pose too... My only critiques of this photo would be that perhaps you could have shot it in Portrait as opposed to landscape. Also, the background here too is a bit busy...

These are just my opinions, take it for what its worth. I am not a professional and am still learning something new every time I take out my camera. Keep shooting, there is no substitute for real experience...

Thank you that helps a lot, and I definitely see what you're saying about the perspective on the first photo and I agree with you.

And as far as shooting number 3 in portrait, I have a shot in portrait mode that came out fairly well and shows the whole bodies not just the heads but I need to do some editing on the dog down low if you know what I mean hahaha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back