C&C amateurs STOP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0ps

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please only C&C photos when you can say that your own photos are way better than the ones your C&Cing. Amateurs telling other amateurs how to take pictures does not work. Feel free to comment if you like the picture or not, but please STFU If your photos are worse than the posters asking for C&C.

I'd like to see more advanced members in photography C&Cing. That way we can all take tips from other peoples errors and learn from them as well. You can always tell who are the more experienced photographers because they tell you in detail whats wrong with your photo and what you could of done diffrently to improve it.

So when I go to a restaurant and have a meal, I also have no right to say what I liked or didn't like because I don't know how to cook?

So when I go to a restaurant and have a meal, I also have no right to say what I liked or didn't like because I don't know how to cook?

Like I said, feel free to say if you like it or not. But you would have no right to tell the cook how too cook it if your not a cook!

Considering this is a beginner's photography gallery, I bet the beginners still have a right to comment, and say whatever if it is constructive, unlike this thread.

I disagree. I know when something is too salty, too sweet, undercooked or overcooked even though I have no clue how to actually achieve a more appropriate taste, myself. Is telling the cook his meal was too salty akin to telling him how to cook or trying to imply that my skill of cooking somehow is greater than his when it really isn't even close?

Likewise, as a photography amateur, one can sometimes sense overexposure, bad composition, etc. when critically analyzing another person's photo, though we may not have the wherewithal to achieve a better result ourselves. Do we, therefore, have no right to say, "hey, that's overexposed, try a faster shutter speed" or, "hey, those power lines are really distracting, try cropping them out?" even though we may make the same mistakes ourselves?

Like I said, feel free to say if you like it or not. But you would have no right to tell the cook how too cook it if your not a cook!

This thread is going to go one of two ways -
1) crashing and burning (along with a lot of ranting) - most likley course considering the rather hostile start of the thread

2) constructive and helpfull.

I would like the latter, but I suspect the former will occur.
You won't encourage more advanced members to contribute with hte attitude you set out in the opening post. Its a slap round the face to many and its so subjective that its pointless (belive it or not, but many who might be better than others might not think so themselves) and then you have to decide how you measure that better than quality. Is a wildlife shots better because its taken in the wild than in a zoo?

Sure the blind leading the blind is not the best way of things and if you want those that are better to be a part of this beginner community then you have to accept all sorts are going to come down. If you want a solution go and work out a far better strategy than insulting other members of the site because that is how they will feel with regard to this suggestion.

wait... what? lol I odnt brag about my pictures being better than anyone.... nor do I compare and try to figure out who takes the best pictures. its all a matter of opinion. like C&C its a matter of oppinion.

I have always had issues with my white balance being off... I know how to tell if the WB is off, so because I might not have the compositional skills of someone I am not allowed to tell them there WB looks to be off?

this thread proves relativly useless haha

Considering this is a beginner's photography gallery, I bet the beginners still have a right to comment, and say whatever if it is constructive, unlike this thread.

was your responce here in anyway constructive? http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum-photo-gallery/162005-flash-wont-fire-all.html

There is a limit of course to the point I'm trying to make. back track and read alote of these comments made from amateurs to other amateurs and you will see why i get frustrated.

hey tirediron how do you become a TPF subscriber?

I have been meaning to ask someone... and since this thread is going to go nowhere i figured why not here? haha

was your responce here in anyway constructive? http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...photo-gallery/162005-flash-wont-fire-all.html

There is a limit of course to the point I'm trying to make. back track and read alote of these comments made from amateurs to other amateurs and you will see why i get frustrated.

really simple solution then... dont post pictures for C&C if you dont want amateurs doing some C&C

go ahead and judge people by post count haha some great professional photographers has 5 or 6 posts because they have just joined... there is NO WAY of knowing who is an amateur and who isnt, just because you dont like or agree with what someone has said.... doesn't make them an amatuer.

go ahead and judge people by post count haha some great professional photographers has 5 or 6 posts because they have just joined...

never do I judge somones experience with post counts. Not to pick on anyone in particular but the thread link above is an good reason why I dont. and what make it real funny is that as soon as a member reaches 1,000 posts, they even start to consider themselves professional and meanwhile just a cpl of weeks ago they post a question about how to use a shutter.

was your responce here in anyway constructive? http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum-photo-gallery/162005-flash-wont-fire-all.html

your going to come under a lot of flack if you keep calling amateurs lesser photographers....... amateur does not mean lesser than a pro, it means one does not get paid for their work as a regular source of income - they just do because they enjoy it. There are amateurs who can run rings round some pros with photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back