C&C amateurs STOP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do not appreciate being told something is wrong with a meal they cooked. :lol: Not to say some people don't still do it, but the chef doesn't like it at all.:lol:
This reminds me of No reservations when the guy wants a rare steak and its too done and she comes out with a non-cooked steak.

So if you tell somone that you think there photos are coming out bad because there d40 camera is not so good and they need to think about upgrading to a d90, and this poor soul takes your advise and spends his last dime buying a d90. what will he think of you when his pictures are still coming out bad.

Would of been better not to comment at all if you didn't know what your talking about.
The camera does not have a ton to do with how good pictures come out. It's about composure. If that's what you think makes photography then you're not as "pro" as you think.

So if you tell somone that you think there photos are coming out bad because there d40 camera is not so good and they need to think about upgrading to a d90, and this poor soul takes your advise and spends his last dime buying a d90. what will he think of you when his pictures are still coming out bad.

Would of been better not to comment at all if you didn't know what your talking about.

If he is unwise enough to take that advice then that is their fault. Everyone is responsible for knowing when to take advice and when to take it with a grain of salt, I love how you completely ignored what I said.

This type of attitude upsets me the most.

The camera does not have a ton to do with how good pictures come out. It's about composure. If that's what you think makes photography then you're not as "pro" as you think.

I think you better read that again, not sure how you translated that.

I think you better read that again, not sure how you translated that.
No, I translated it correctly.

You said that if someone suggested that the D40 is the cause of the photographers pictures being bad and the same person suggested a D90 as an upgrade and the person that receives the suggestions buys his last dime one the D90 or something.

I said that the camera does not make up how good a photo is. There was a photo that came off of an iPhone or Sony Ericsson and it was an amazing photo. The composure was great and that made the photo good. Yes the camera does play a huge roll in photography but you need to know how to use it.

So to break it down, if someone takes bad photos with a D40 no camera will help that.

Just because the message under your name says you aren't a noobie and are moving up doesn't mean it's true. Honestly, it's like putting up a painting at a gallery I don't expect that only pros show up and give you criticism or accolades.

Taking your logic one step further, you wouldn't want and compliments from an "amateur" either right? If you did that'd make you a hippocrite. So next time you get any compliments from an "amateur" I want you to tell them to stop and shut up because they don't know what they are talking about.

sorry drzking, im not ignoring you, Just hard to keep up, this is the most active thread I seen in a while, right or wrong, if people think im an asshole or not, I'm enjoying to see alote of members waking up and posting hahahaa.

Back to your quote, I usually dont think of anything when an amateur says nice job, sure it makes me feel ok, but when a member I look up to, and know he has experienc in photography says, nice job, wow thats what makes my heart pump.

This reminds me of No reservations when the guy wants a rare steak and its too done and she comes out with a non-cooked steak.

I saw that movie and that was my favorite scene. :thumbup: "Rare enought for you?" :lol::lmao:

I think a mod should lock this.

The internet is like a toilet bowl, all it ever sees is a bunch of a$#holes full of $h!t.

:)

No, I translated it correctly.

You said that if someone suggested that the D40 is the cause of the photographers pictures being bad and the same person suggested a D90 as an upgrade and the person that receives the suggestions buys his last dime one the D90 or something.

I said that the camera does not make up how good a photo is. There was a photo that came off of an iPhone or Sony Ericsson and it was an amazing photo. The composure was great and that made the photo good. Yes the camera does play a huge roll in photography but you need to know how to use it.

So to break it down, if someone takes bad photos with a D40 no camera will help that.

Now you are correct and are on my side with that quote

sorry drzking, im not ignoring you, Just hard to keep up, this is the most active thread I seen in a while, right or wrong, if people think im an asshole or not, I'm enjoying to see alote of members waking up and posting hahahaa.

Back to your quote, I usually dont think of anything when an amateur says nice job, sure it makes me feel ok, but when a member I look up to, and know he has experienc in photography says, nice job, wow thats what makes my heart pump.
That contradicts your original post... You said that amateurs need to stop posting C&C and just then you said that you don't care if they do.

What point are you trying to get across?

I'm a total newb at photography. Just left Fredmirandas site, full of excellent photographers. In the post " first time wedding photos ", I pointed out that in photo three there was a leg of a tripod visible that was distracting and I'm sure unintended. Newb pointing out to a newb something they had missed that was distracting in a photo. You don't have to be a pro to contribute.

true

as for bad advice - its all well and good to pick on an example of advice, but in all things there is often more than one person giving advice - thus a person often has more than one option open to them. Further its often the case that very poor advice will get jumped on (this thread is a good example) so its not all bad.
Better standards will not come from limiting the pool but from broadening it

That contradicts your original post... You said that amateurs need to stop posting C&C and just then you said that you don't care if they do.

What point are you trying to get across?

Bro, I really think you lost yourself somewhere. Only thing I can suggest is that you start from the first post and catch up.

internet-serious-business.jpg

Bro, I really think you lost yourself somewhere. Only thing I can suggest is that you start from the first post and catch up.
I think I did. *blame my a.d.d*.

Love it that you're willing to play devils advocate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back